Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

The So-Called Don Smith Generator

Started by Skysabre, April 29, 2014, 03:20:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skysabre

Hi Friends,

Here's a pdf file on the Don Smith Generator. Please look this over and tell me if this is worth trying or I should move elsewhere. This is more expensive than the Hendershot Generator which unfortunately does not work, despite the circuit variations that we tried. So I'd like to now if I should spend on this or not.

This manual is so poorly organized it gets me confused, or maybe because I have no background in electronics. Maybe along the way, if we decide to do this, the more knowledgeable among you can also teach me a few things.

So first things first: Is this worth a try? If not, I have another project in mind.

Skysabre

(Admin:  I had to take the PDF File down due to a copyright claim...)

gyulasun

Hi Skysabre,

I went through the pdf file you altruistically uploaded.  I am strongly "amazed" by seeing the wiring diagram shown in pdf Page 27: they use voltage divider resistors to match the alleged 8kV output voltage (stored in the 2uF capacitor) to the input of an off-the-shelf 12V or 24V DC to 110V AC power inverter. Using resistors for dividing voltages makes sense when reasonably small currents are involved because of the unavoidable heat loss in the resistors.

Let's do some simple calculations backwards,  let's choose a power inverter which is able to output just 2kW at 110V AC, ok? Then let's have its own efficiency, say, 90%, so the input DC power to it should be 1.1 x 2kW=2.2kW i.e. 10% higher.

Now if this inverter receives 24V DC input (let's say), then the input DC current demand is about I=2.2kW/24V=91.6A.

Now lets calculate the resistor values for dividing the 8kV DC to 24V. Here is a link I used, it also calculates the power loss in the two resistors:  http://www.bowdenshobbycircuits.info/r2.htm 

Using the example described in the text for finding the series resistance needed for a LED as a sample, I entered for battery voltage 8000, for current 91.6 and for Vout 24, I got 87 Ohm for R1 (and R2 would be represented by the 24V input of the inverter) but with this value the dissipated power in R1 would amount to 730.6kW....  the idea to use resistors to drop the 8000V to 24V is ABSURD, INSANE to say the least. And there is no any other suggestion to reduce the 8kV (or whatever kV coming from the LC tank via the diodes to the 2uF storage capacitor) to 24V or 12V.

The other thing is that while it may be possible to store a few kW power in a resonant LC tank circuit (it would need a coil and a capacitor with extremely low loss i.e. very high Q) but when directly loading such high Q resonant circuit, the circulating power in it would get reduced just because the external load reduces the high Q (the resonant AC impedance of such a high Q LC tank may range from several ten to several hundred kOhm and shunting it say with the 87 Ohm resistor via the inverter input, the high AC impedance gets killed, so the kV voltage reduces accordingly, there is no 'juice' left in the tank to feed the inverter. AND there is no any high wattage resistor shown in the pictures, which would imply they really used them to reduce the kV output...

Now no wonder why this pdf file contains NO any measurement results done by those 'compiling' it. It is a "pathwork", a "botch", taken text and pictures from some sources, and sorry to say I consider it as a hoax.
At other forums and also here, several members attempted to replicate Don Smith setups but nobody succeeded so far (or did not report, that is) and even Don Smith never showed any working device, only talked about the kW output and showed the assembled boards with those components like in the pictures in the pdf file.

Regardless of Don Smith or from this pdf file, the problem to be solved would be to find a circuit topology which does not reduce an LC tank resonant impedance too much and dissipates only a reasonable amount of power while dividing the kVs to a lower more workable value.  This would be challange circuit to design and build for sure, still strongly assuming that the input power to the LC tank could be kept at a lower value than that of the output power received from THE circuit.

Gyula

Skysabre

Thank you Gyulasun!

You saved me a lot of trouble and expense. So I'm moving on to other possibilities, and maybe i can ask you: do you know of any possibilities I can work on? Name a website or any lead, and I'll look it over.

I just want to help this planet, and I have a bit of time in my hands.

Skysabre

rc3po

Hi Skysabre,
I don't know if you saw my comment on your thread, "Has anyone replicated the hendershot generator".
www.free-energy-devices.com is a good site. It also has a good Electronics tutorial - Chapter 12.

gyulasun

Hi Skysabre,

Well, it is not easy to answer your question...  I think if you take a thorough look and reading at this link below, especially member 'erfinder'  posts and videos, then possibly you would be on a good track:
http://www.energyscienceforum.com/showthread.php?t=1611 

The thread started with a question on Bedini DVD Nr 25 but No need to buy the DVD as you later realize because the topic turns to a pulse motor-like setup as erfinder shows. It does need a hands on building and experience, maybe not the best for the not so experienced but I believe the progress for anyone is given and open.  Just read it all  over and decide,  unfortunately the uploaded pictures can only be seen when you become a member there and log in.  (notice that erfinder does not claim anything)

Unfortunately, I am not aware of ANY thread where a real device, capable of giving extra output over the input is shown with real measurements.  Speculations, fakes, hoaxes rule... or greedyness to share. 

There was the Bedini Ferris Wheel demo at their conference some years ago, see here http://www.energeticforum.com/john-bedini/6786-bedini-ferris-wheel-regauging-motor.html   but I do not know that those who rebuilt it whether got extra output or not. 

I would also suggest to study Ben's motor here http://www.overunity.com/14377/the-thomas-motor/msg391150/#msg391150
it may give good results (the possibilities are inherent in that setup I think) and Ben is still working on it.

Good luck,
Gyula