Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

KARPEN PILE

Started by Philip Hardcastle, May 22, 2014, 10:41:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

profitis

Judging from what I've seen on smaller  samples I cannot say no phill.

Philip Hardcastle

@profitis, what is the mechanism (please state it in some detail if you can) that you believe is responsible for the production of the emf?

Paul-R

Quote from: Philip Hardcastle on May 23, 2014, 08:08:44 AM
@profitis, what is the mechanism (please state it in some detail if you can) that you believe is responsible for the production of the emf?
Rex Research adds more. It is said to convert ambient heat into electricity, but how gold and platinum electrodes in high purity sulphuric acid does this is anyone's guess:

http://www.rexresearch.com/karpen/karpen.htm

profitis

Gas overpotential differences phillip.the rate of forward and backward reaction of gas electrochemical equilibrium eg O2 + 4H+ +4e- >< 2H2O depends on 1) the catalyst material on which it takes place and 2)the availabilty of reactants(concentrations). The catalyst material eg smooth gold is going to promote the backward reaction rate faster than sponge platinum which promotes the forward rate faster.this is due to many factors eg work function,catalyst step mechanism,adsorbtion etc.since the rate affects potential there's a different gas potential on gold than platinum.this well known as gaseous galvanic OVERPOTENTIAL or more recently UNDERPOTENTIAL depending on wether the potential is over or under the standard gas potential.so the original karpen cell is simply an oxygen overpotential differential cell.O2 passes galvanicly from one electrode to the other until potentials equalize when switch is thrown.when switch is cut the gas that was transferred simply diffuses back again.no net change after a complete cycle thus it is able to repeat with no energy expense on our part.a kelvin breach in all its glory.

Philip Hardcastle

@profitis
Your explanation is fine so far as it goes, but I feel that it is only an overview of the real issues.

Given that the device has been running for 50 years with no sign of corrosion, and has done a lot of useful work, I have no reason to believe it (Karpen Pile) is anything other than solid proof of some mechanism, and perhaps a Demon, but clearly it has been studied by many scientists and no concensus seems to have been reached. This makes me think that you would need to drill down an extra level to have a proof of a Demon driven by ambient thermal energy.

On the same idea as a Demon, if I play the Devil's advocate I could say it is not thermal but driven by light, do you know if tests have been made to rule out such things?

As you know the issue at stake is that of proving, either by rigorous maths, or by physical experiment, that there is asymmetry. This is the issue that almost all ideas fail on, ie the thermal ratchet of one kind or another.

So you see this (Karpen) as asymmetrical, but you have not sufficiently explained how to me, as yet, even though the idea of electro-chemical equilibrium is a good start, your 02 + 4H + 4e >< 2H2O does not have an energy term (ie ambient thermal energy input). So can you expand your explanation?

Regards Phil