Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

KARPEN PILE

Started by Philip Hardcastle, May 22, 2014, 10:41:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

profitis

Or better yet.do you have any palladium chloride lying around mr pomodoro.plate a platinum foil with palladium black and then you will surge the power density even higher(1-10milliamp/cm2).leave the puny oxygen cells and focus on the potent hydrogen cells.

pomodoro

Quote from: profitis on July 01, 2014, 09:36:01 AM
What would combust H2 gas under an atmosphere of pure H2 gas mr pomodoro? Purge the system. You will get much more power density in the H2 system and make it easier to rule out chemical corrosion of the Pt(-) anode.we want to get catalytic hydrogen spillover(google) to power the cell Pt/Ag/NaOH or easier Pt/graphite/NaOH permanently.

Dear Profitis,  as I mentioned before, I would like to concentrate on the original Au/Pt pile for now as the concept of a current being generated between  two non reacting metals in an 'inert' electrolyte is amusing.
Now the fact that you understood the word oxidize as the combustion of hydrogen is  rather worrying to say the least.  In fact the cell you describe looks to me like a discharged form of the popular zinc/silver oxide cell.  In your version zinc is replaced by platinum. The silver electrode would normally be silver oxide in a charged cell, which becomes ,as you have, silver when discharged.  However, any slight film of oxide or any other reducible silver film will still be able to be  reduced.
The hydrogen gas you introduced will adsorb easily on the  platinum to make the classical H2/Pt half cell seen in all the text books. Hydrogen gas will be oxidized to H+  (instead of Zinc to Zn 2+ in a standard Zn/Ag2O cell) as any silver oxide or similar silver compound gets reduced.
Sorry butI just cant see anything special here.

profitis

Mr pomodoro mr pomodoro...the oxygen catalytic spillover cells are of no commercial interest or scientific value,you saw for yourself the 70year debate still unresolved they are a waste of time.we are begging you to build for us a high-powered hydrogen spillover device that will give permanent power bursts in the milliamp range.you will set this thread on fire if you can do this one favour please (-:. Leave the palladized platinum/Ag under H2 for a day to chemically reduce any surface metal oxides on the silver then pipe in more fresh H2 then seal off totaly.this will totaly rule out any chemical COMBUSTION of H2(I love the word combustion).

profitis

@pomodoro you can also attatch a small piece of aluminum foil to both the Pd and Ag when you plunge them into the NaOH to ensure total saturation with H2 and total reduction of surface oxides WHILE piping in a stream of H2.the aluminum will dissolve completely in caustic soda in a matter of 30mins or so.you will see H2 bubbles stream off both electrodes ensuring total reduction of oxides.I'm asking you to build a fuel cell with no oxygen or oxidizers present.

pomodoro

Let me admit from the start that I don't as yet know of these cells and how special they are supposed to be.  Perhaps a good brief  link with at least a little sound science would be beneficial, but yes , if there is nothing that would reduce  with a favorable delta H on the silver or in solution and there are bursts of mAs then I would find that  interesting. However the 'free energy' aspect of this cell to me is lost since hydrogen is sure  to be reduced at the Pd/Pt  anode; the cell is using a fuel which we need to manufacture. Or, is this cell supposed to decompose water at both electrodes, somehow sapping heat from water?