Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Single Coil Two Transistor Boost Circuits

Started by Farmhand, June 11, 2014, 12:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farmhand

hahahaha I must have ordered the smallest package available.  :-[ yesterday I made the slowest resonant charging circuit I ever did
and today I soldered the smallest electrical component I've ever even seen I think.

Check it out, it's not even 2 mm x 1 mm ....  umm..."big".  ;D I just hope I didn't fry it with the solder, the first one I lost on the floor,
I had it about to solder the first pin and turned to grab the soldering iron then when I looked back it was gone, I was holding empty tweezers.  :o  ::)

Anyway as long as it's not fried I got one to proto with, this is a 74AUC. Do they come in a slightly bigger size at all ?

Next a diode, easy peasy.

TinselKoala

There is an easier way....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/280817219646?lpid=82

Make yourself some of these with copper-clad PC board material. You don't even need to etch, you can remove the necessary copper using a thin-bladed saw kerf. Tin the pads with solder first. Then the devices are pretty easy to handle, you just place them on the pads, hold down with tweezers, then drag the soldering iron across the pads to melt the device leads in place. With appropriate flux, there won't be any solder bridges where they shouldn't be.

Farmhand

Yeah I'll sort something like that out later, thanks for the heads up, when I'm ready with a working prototype circuit I'll make a board.

As far as the logic gate oscillator goes, it doesn't for some reason, with power connected the output went high and stayed high, I was using an almost dead battery though 0.8 volts. So I set up the feed back oscillator and it is working ok with an MPSA18 bjt.

With the MPSA06 transistor it used a lot more power and drew the battery down to 0.708 v so I changed to the MPSA18 and after about an hour the voltage hasn't fallen below 0.74 volts and the LED seems just as bright. Will be good when I use a mosfet and sort out a better oscillator, might need two gates for a regular type logic oscillator.

But it only works so far with the diode back in the stingo position. Also using diodes to protect the gate from going too negative.
I didn't put the neat little output Schottky in there yet, just bunged an LED in it, The little Schottky reads only 0.08 volts forward voltage with my meter.

first shot is the logic gate input and output.

second shot is the logic gate output and the collector.

mscoffman

Your crystal radio post brought back a lot of memories from when I was a kid. We had a powerful local radio station several miles
away that would pretty much swamp everything else. But we could get it to play through a speaker directly. We also had a
150' outdoor long wire antenna. I guess that's were I got started in free energy. We used to keep a neon bulb across the ant.
When the bulb began flashing it meant that a summer thunderstorm was near-by.

BTW Got any of those New Zealand amplifying crystals?

:S:MarkSCoffman

Farmhand

I cant get the single gate astable oscillator to work, single gate works with feed back but power draw is a lot more, but a two gate astable oscillator works a treat, just like any other Logic gate oscillator, fast and sharp wave form, and these run down at very low voltages. I get very similar wave forms now as with the higher voltage CD4049 oscillator. Now is just a matter of finding a compromise between the highest voltage running condition and the lowest voltage running condition. eg. the right inductance and frequency/on time to work ok through the entire range. I think I'll copy the inductance and frequency values used by the NCP1400 (got some of them on the way as well), still waiting on the SMD mosfets. I've got some small inductors on a printer control board, I might find an appropriate one on a board. Time to pile dig.  ;D the two gate oscillator only requires two gates a capacitor and a resistor. And runs real well.

I cannot measure the input to just the two gates in operation, must be a very small draw when not driving a transistor or anything.