Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Secret Of Back EMF

Started by TommeyLReed, August 12, 2014, 02:16:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TommeyLReed

Hi Tinman,

I built many motors and even have 19hp DC motor. BEMF it created due to starting a motor under load. When motor speed is full speed, less if any BEMF is created.

The reason speed controller fail is the increase of BEMF when motor are at the stall point.

I can also prove this with a transformer load using DC pulse. This way you just might understand how BEMF really works.

This is what BEMF does using a coil to recover BEMF. This motor is being power by BEMF only!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xLwBaub4lc&list=UUp3mD3EJromKns3YpglKdpA

Tom.

TommeyLReed

Hello all,

If you think Back EMF is not something special, look what happens when you use a transformer and DC pulse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ty5CLgjmd4c

Tom

MarkE

Tom, Tinman is correct.  Take a small DC motor such as from a toy.  Measure the winding resistance with a DMM.  Then hook the motor up to a power supply with a current sense.  Lock the rotor.  turn on the power supply to a low voltage and measure the current.  It will be V/R.  Unlock the rotor and as the motor comes up to speed the current goes down.  The net current through the motor is:  I=(VSUPPLY - w*KGENERATOR)/RWINDING.  Since the motor torque is:  I*KTORQUE = (VSUPPLY - w*KGENERATOR)/RWINDING*KTORQUE

TommeyLReed

Hi Mark,

Clearly you don't understand my test, I know that. I was showing the effect of the diode when it cancels out the BEMF by grounding it..

As I place the diode in the motor, the BEMF is shorted out, this increase load while slowing down the motor a little.

When I take the diode out and feed the bemf into the capacitors the motor increasee with speed and load drops, that was my point of this test.

This test show the grounding out BEMF with a diode on the +/- create a greater load then without it.

That was my point on the video!

Tom.

MarkE

Quote from: TommeyLReed on August 13, 2014, 03:11:54 PM
Hi Mark,

Clearly you don't understand my test, I know that. I was showing the effect of the diode when it cancels out the BEMF by grounding it..

As I place the diode in the motor, the BEMF is shorted out, this increase load while slowing down the motor a little.

When I take the diode out and feed the bemf into the capacitors the motor increasee with speed and load drops, that was my point of this test.

This test show the grounding out BEMF with a diode on the +/- create a greater load then without it.

That was my point on the video!

Tom.
Tom, there are two sources of BEMF in a motor:  BEMF induced by motion which is the generator BEMF, (flux changes across the conductors), and BEMF caused by changes in the current path to the motor windings.  When you switch your MOSFET ON or OFF the latter is at work.  When the MOSFET turns ON the current in the motor windings does not change instantly.  The motor winding inductance produces a BEMF in response to applied voltage changes that decays with time.  The current changes from its previous value following an inverse exponential towards a limit value of the difference between the power supply voltage and generator BEMF divided by the winding and circuit resistance.  When the MOSFET switches OFF inductor BEMF develops to maintain the winding current.  When it builds high enough your diode conducts and curent continues into your capacitor and whatever you have connected across it.  If the voltage on the cathode side of your diode is less than the generator BEMF, then current builds-up towards a limiting value of: (w*KGENERATOR-VDIODE-VCAPACITOR)/RCIRCUIT.  When you remove the short across the capacitor, the capacitor ultimately charges to the point that it does not load the generator BEMF.