Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Slayer driven neon-producing DC via resistor ?.

Started by tinman, August 20, 2014, 10:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkE

Quote from: tinman on August 22, 2014, 01:09:16 AM
As all the cables run together,and are of same length,i dont see this as being the cause for the cap charging up. There is also the issue that it seems to be the pin in the neon that has the positive charge,is the one that light's up in my setup-this will be seen in the next video,as soon as it has uploaded. The resistor determonds as to which side of the AC cap has the negative potential-the side with the resistor is negative. resistor value also determonds the voltage potential reached in the cap.
This is a matter of getting a clean measurement, so that we can figure out where the rectification effect is coming from.  The energy to charge is a function of the field strength and the exposed area.  You want to measure what is across the bulb and not what the scope leads pick-up on their own.  You could take a pair of 24 AWG or finer wire and tightly twist that to make a sense wire set to the bulb maybe five feet long to keep the scope ground clip away from the intense RF field.

What I think that we know:
1) Cap charges to less than 100mV without the resistor.
2) Cap charges to ~1V with a resistor of xxx Ohms.
3) Scope confirms it is a real DC offset and not RF fouling the DMM.
4) Resistor orientation does not change the charging polarity.
5) Pick-up at the neon bulb looks sinusoidal.
6) Side of the cap with the resistor is negative. (I take your word.)
7) It takes non-linear behavior to rectify even weakly.  This is not a function of linear: resistance, capacitance, inductance, and conductance.

tinman

Quote from: MarkE on August 22, 2014, 01:26:27 AM
This is a matter of getting a clean measurement, so that we can figure out where the rectification effect is coming from.  The energy to charge is a function of the field strength and the exposed area.  You want to measure what is across the bulb and not what the scope leads pick-up on their own.  You could take a pair of 24 AWG or finer wire and tightly twist that to make a sense wire set to the bulb maybe five feet long to keep the scope ground clip away from the intense RF field.

What I think that we know:
1) Cap charges to less than 100mV without the resistor.
2) Cap charges to ~1V with a resistor of xxx Ohms.
3) Scope confirms it is a real DC offset and not RF fouling the DMM.
4) Resistor orientation does not change the charging polarity.
5) Pick-up at the neon bulb looks sinusoidal.
6) Side of the cap with the resistor is negative. (I take your word.)
7) It takes non-linear behavior to rectify even weakly.  This is not a function of linear: resistance, capacitance, inductance, and conductance.
Video upload is taking for ever-very slow this time of day.
I will post it as soon as it's done,and maybe we can get some answers from it.

Some more details known so far.

1) Higher the resistor value,the higher DC voltage achieved in the cap.
2) The side of the neon pin that glow's,is the side hooked to the positive potential on the cap.
3) Any type of AC cap seems to work.
And 4)-confusion is growing fast lol.

tinman

This is a simple little setup,maybe you(Mark) or TK could throw it together,and look for your selve's.You guys are much more at home than me with this stuff-im just a mechanic.

tinman

Here is the last video on this,as it's time to move onto other things.
P.S-I joined the video's ass about,so first part is last,and last part is first.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj0-8SEGyUg

MarkE

The miracle of induction is such that the voltage at one end of the wire is the opposite as at the other end of the wire.  So, assuming that it is the length of wire acting as the antenna: the times when the capacitor is positive on the probe, the neon is negative on that right hand wire, and that is when the neon glows on that side.