Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

LOCKHEED: We Made A Huge Breakthrough In Nuclear Fusion

Started by rukiddingme, October 15, 2014, 04:50:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

profitis

The race is on, all of a sudden?glad to see those billions actualy go where they should go

MarkE

The Lockheed announcement is at the too early to tell phase.  It is an interesting development.  As more information becomes available then the advantages and pitfalls can be examined.  Alternative approaches to the very expensive and challenging Tokamak development should be given fair evaluations.

MileHigh

I am not feeling it at all.  To me it feels like the young engineer in the clip is an over-confident 'hot shot' and he thought that it would be cool to generate some press.  Also, when people talk about very high power generation in quite small volumes I get antsy.

There was nothing tangible in the release.  It reminds me to a certain extent about "breakthrough fatigue" when it comes to solar panels.

On the positive side all that you have to do is look up to see that fusion power is real.

On the Rossi side of things, things look very bleak.  What, we are four years into this and there are no basement home heaters and there are no LENR-based heaters for all of the chicken farms and greenhouses that want cheap bulk low-grade heat.  Of course four years ago there were all sorts of people confident that it would happen.  There were even people saying that they were going to build their own home eCats themselves.  I told them it was not wise to try to build your own nuclear reactor.

So let's give Lockheed four years to deliver on their first promise of a working proof-of-concept reactor within one year.  I don't for a second believe that it will be as small as they claim if they actually do it.

Of course if it all does indeed come true and assuming that the costs are not astronomical then it will revolutionize everything.