Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Tesla's rotating magnetic field generator

Started by giantkiller, September 13, 2006, 06:19:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raburgeson

Well spell it out exactly voltage rotational speed. IF you use a hollow arbor and insert a small shaft inside it with a twisted spline on one end and straight spline on the other end. Put 2 full contact insulated slip rings in the middle of the arbor and 2 slip rings with a 90 degree conductor on each at the end of the arbor with the twisted spline.One on the arbor, one one the twisted spline shaft. Hold this on the twisted spline end with a bolt and a coil spring between 2 nylon washers. This will hold the outside slip ring against the arbor. The gear at the drive end , one side bored to fit the arbor the other half of the hub fits the straight spline end. Slide the splined shaft in and out to advance or retard the outer slip ring. The 2 end slip rings set four contacts 90 degrees apart wired to rotate the field either direction you wish. Wire one inner slip ring to one outer ring and the other to the other. Rotate any type of signal you wish and change the timing on one of the coils. If my discription sucks I can draw it and post it.

supersam

rab,

that would be very,very helpful if you can make those drawings and post.  i think there are several guys following the steven marks site that would really appreciate it. 
thanks in advance,
sam

raburgeson

twisting splines is hard, here's a simple way. Posted this on Steven Mark tread also. Get a square plastic box large enough to mount motors 6" apart. Mount 2 12 volt motors (low amperage with at least 3/8 long armatures) with the armatures pointing up out of the box. Drill holes and bring the power wires out through the side. Cut a plastic plate slightly larger than the box and drill 2 holes larger than the armatures so you can place it flat on top. Be generous the armature is probably 1/16" so make 3/8"holes, make enough room so the hub with set screw don't drag. Make a couple of plastic washers almost 3" in diameter and put thoughs generous sized holes in the center of them also. Take springy brass shim stock strips thick enough to fit a female spade conector, dimple one end with a punch, drill a hole 2/3 the way away from the dimple, and trim the back side to fit the female spade. Lay out the plastic washers with 2 perpendicular center lines. Get a condutive piece of round stock 1 1/2 to 2 inches in diameter at least 4" long. Go see a friend that has a lathe. You need to know what size nylon bushings are availible in your area that will fit the armature, first have your friend drill the center of the stock to the outside diameter of the nylon bushings deep enough to make a couple pieces, 1" is fine. Then have him cut into the stock about 1/4" deep from the lennth of the bar, leave about 1/4" thick walls, enough stock to drill and tap. Then back the tool up the bar and part it off leaving enough stock full diameter (the thickness of a coin is fine). You don't want to make it heavy. Take a small drill and drill and tapfor a set screw, make a second one. On the side with the hub mark out a 90 degree V and paint the other part of the surface with epoxy. Leave the top bare. You just made a simple slip ring that distributes on one side. Take the plastic washers (loose fit everthing together to make sure nothing rubs, if it does it's no to late to enlarge the holes your cover plate is loose yet) Set your brushes dimple side up around the washer with the dimples on the layout lines. There are several ways to attach the brushes, the pressure is slight. I use auto trim cement only from the hole back to the spade end, the dimple needs to be loose, bent up slightlyto make contact with the slipring. Put it all together,don't over tighten the set screws, small diameter screws crack nylon bushings easy. The plastic washers are loose at this point, just outside the outer diameter drill a small hole, screw in a flat head screw. Loosen to set timing turn the washer and tighten lightly to lock. Glue or plastic weld the top plastic plate down. Make a final set of brushes out of shim stock. Just custom bend these to rub the top of the slipring anywere and  reach an area outside the plastic washers (remember to trim these to fit a spade and bend the spade end up before gluing. Attach 2 cheap train transformers to the motors and have fun. Your input spade will be handy, you can get a ten guage female and crimp several 16 guage wires into it. I pried on open a bit futher and got 4 in one. put male spades on the other ends. You can now input several signals time them and control the speed of rotation for each coil seperately. Now my fingers are numb, have fun. Almost forgot when conecting the spades on the washers wire one motor clockwise the other counterclockwise.

alan2here

are some of you implying you could replicate the hunchinson effect?

Paul-R