Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Pulse motor build off time.

Started by tinman, November 15, 2014, 01:18:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TinselKoala

Quote from: tinman on November 15, 2014, 08:03:09 PM
You would want to start the reverse pulse right after the inductive kickback cycle over shoots the 0 volt line. This then means that the polarity of the inductor has already started to change in our favour-in the right direction ;) I dont think you need all that stuff like the Arduino and programing,as i think a push/pull circuit triggered by opto interuptors would do just nicely.
I agree fully, but using the Arduino (or another full MC system like Stamp or etc) can be really cool too, since you can have it connected to your computer over the USB-serial line and change parameters "live" while running. I like Arduino because of the easy-to-use programming environment ( the "Arduino IDE") and it gives me an excuse to use the "c" language that I learned in school many years ago. It can also provide realtime monitoring of various parameters as I showed in the video above. The Arduino-monitored SNOT even computes the actual kinetic energy of the ball as it travels around the track!
You also know that it dosnt have to be an electric pulse motor?. It can be gas pulses,fluid pulses,or even bouncing mass pulses-->Aaron's overunity bouncing ball maybe :o
Sure, it's nice to be reminded of that! And that's what I mean when I say I can't currently build some of my designs. I have one that is a little Ringbom-style linear Stirling engine driving a linear alternator, a complete heat-to-electricity "pulse motor" power plant that would probably run on the waste heat coming off a mosfet used to drive a bigger conventional PM! But I can't build it without a precision lathe and milling machine.

qtrhack

Quote from: TinselKoala on November 15, 2014, 08:17:58 PM
... But I can't build it without a precision lathe and milling machine.

got one of these around you:  http://techshop.ws/

not sure of you location but could be an option ...

TinselKoala

Quote from: qtrhack on November 15, 2014, 11:19:32 PM
got one of these around you:  http://techshop.ws/

not sure of you location but could be an option ...

Sure, there is one about 120 miles north of me. Unfortunately they want 150 dollars per month for a membership (or 1395 a year, or 175 for one month).  And it would cost me around 35 dollars in gasoline and over 4 hours driving to make the trip on any given day. If I could afford that kind of outlay, time and effort I'd probably be able to retrieve my own tooling from Canada and work in the comfort (hah!) of home, and not need to drive. "Pray for me, I drive I-35" is more than just a bumper sticker.
Thanks for the suggestion though. I'm sure that they will be making money and having fun up there.

I see the location nearest me is also advertising a job opening for a multitalented person who can do all sorts of things and who has experience.  Wages 11 to 14 dollars an hour, d.o.e.! But the skill set they say they want is worth 40 dollars an hour at least.

But they do provide popcorn and coffee!

However they don't seem to be doing a heck of a lot of business. I glanced briefly at the reservation schedule and it looks like neither of the metal lathes are reserved, at all, for the next week at least.

I'm not knocking the place. It seems like a good idea, a good service. For people with the money to spend, that is.

ramset

Perhaps a different perspective ?
call "the man" the runs the lathe [the 12 dollars an hour guy]

and ask him how much to Turn your 15 minute piece ?

PM me the place And I will call them .

I know you still use strings and cans..... ???

Besides we might even get you a sponsorship of similar arrangement for the whole group here
and elsewhere .

thx
Chet
Whats for yah ne're go bye yah
Thanks Grandma

TinselKoala

That's not the way that place works. There is nowhere in the world I know about where you can "rent" a machinist's time and the machine for "12 dollars an hour". If you bother to read that website you will see that one must reserve the machine in four-hour blocks, that you must take their safety course before you are allowed near a machine (of course, they'd be nuts not to require that) and you do the work yourself.   And where did you get the idea that someone could make the parts I need to make in 15 minutes? Have you ever set up a lathe to do precision work? Have you ever machined, say, a piston, cylinder, wrist-pin and con-rod set to 0.0001" tolerances.... in 15 minutes?  That, I'd like to see. They also don't say what the size of the "Jet" brand lathe is. The largest parts I need to make are about the size of a man's thumb, and working down from there. Could I make a watch gear, say, on a 7" swing lathe? Could you?

Come on, Chet, get realistic here. Like I said, I appreciate the offer but it's just not feasible. If you really REALLY want to help me, making some arrangement to get my own tooling crated up and sent down to me from Canada would really be helpful. Other people have from time to time offered to help with this but the arrangement has always fallen through somehow. I think I might even have dodged a rip-off at one point.