Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Simple Devices & Experiments In WM2D

Started by Gregory, September 17, 2006, 12:22:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inroades

Thanks Greg, your time and efforts are appreciated more than you know.
     Dale

There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit.

Gregory

Inroades,

I have bad news. I tried to simulate your design, but with no success. The problem is that Wm2d doesn't have a built in tool to create latches or any similar lock-release mechanism. I was thinking about it more than an hour last night and today, but I couldn't figure it out how to build such a mechanism. Perhaps, it's not possible in Wm2d correctly, and much better to try it in reality with your electromagnetic setup.

Sorry, that I couldn't help you. :(
Wish you success!

Tinhead

You can 'fake' a latch in WM2D. Hold the object in position with a rod, rope or similar. Then open the properties and deactivate the [Active when] option. There you can write a formula that will activate/deactivate the rod(rope,etc.)
For example, you would like to deactivate the 'latch' after 1 second of simulation time, then you would write " time<1 " ... as in, latch is active as long as the time is less then 1 second ...
You can use other properties, like the rotational angle of a circle, to drive the fake latch.

Cheers,
Rainer

inroades

Hello Greg
   Thanks for your efforts, just a thought if we can't duplicate the whole machine maybe just the lower weight release onto a spring ramp of some kind. My thoughts are if indeed a weight or a ball can rise higher than the wheel that dropped it moving slower than terminal velosity than many designs will work. I think 75 rpm on a 8 foot wheel was only about 22 mph weight speed. Machines that throw the ball/weight to a upper ramp and fall on to the power side from above are one thought. I know it is not this simple but if by adding a 90 degree plus turn of centrifugal force to an object causes it to produce energy for both the wheel an enough energy to return this object with more force,faster, isn't that the Grail. the rest would just be logistics. What are your thoughts?
   Thanks
    Dale

There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit.

Gregory

Rainer,
Thanks. What is the keyword for rotation (degree)? Can I use more than one operator? And where can I read about all these advanced options of Wm2d?

Dale,
I can try the release onto a spring ramp, but it will be "funny" in simulation at 75 rpm.  As you see I'm not the best in simulation, I've just used the program actively since August, but I will try, what can I do for that.

Quote from: inroades on October 02, 2006, 10:50:04 AM
My thoughts are if indeed a weight or a ball can rise higher than the wheel that dropped it moving slower than terminal velosity than many designs will work. I think 75 rpm on a 8 foot wheel was only about 22 mph weight speed. Machines that throw the ball/weight to a upper ramp and fall on to the power side from above are one thought. I know it is not this simple but if by adding a 90 degree plus turn of centrifugal force to an object causes it to produce energy for both the wheel an enough energy to return this object with more force,faster, isn't that the Grail. the rest would just be logistics. What are your thoughts?

What you said is right, maybe not as easy as we like.
If the ball can "fly" higer than the weel, and can rise faster it will be a real possibility.
Throw the weight to an upper position is a good idea. In fact I have been working on some different designs and  have a few, where I try to throw the weights back to the initial position with less or more success, but the breakthrough is still waiting.