Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Reboot: Is the "delayed Lenz effect" real or just a misunderstanding?

Started by MileHigh, December 22, 2014, 03:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tinman

Quote from: TinselKoala on December 25, 2014, 10:58:25 PM
You're kidding, right? Sitting at a working computer, asking if current flows at different speeds through different values of resistors? 

Just in case you aren't kidding, you can easily do the experiment yourself. Use two resistors of the same kind and power capacity: for example two metal film 1/4 watt resistors. Keep your wiring lengths the same, and as short as possible, so that your results aren't contaminated by inductive effects. Send a pulse from your FG through both resistors in parallel, and monitor what comes out the other ends with your 2-channel oscilloscope. Do you detect any phase difference in the signal outputs from the two resistors?

As MarkE points out:
So if your resistors are the same type, they should both have the same transmission speed (the speed of light in that medium) and their actual resistance value should make no difference, if their effective lengths are the same.
I have done the experiment under strict controlled conditions TK--have you?
Light can travel at different speed's depending on the enviroment that it is traveling through.
Magnetic waves can travel at different speeds depending on the enviroment it is traveling through.
So why is it that you think !the speed of current traveling through a different resistance couldnt be different! is such a silly question?.

I will wait a bit before i post me result's.

tinman

I will also be posting a video in regard's to the delayed lenz force,which also brought about some interesting finding's in regards to Thane Heins bi toroid transformer.--> have the guru's really had a close look at the effect's?-->have you built one and tried it?--me neither until today.

VERY surprising result's !i must say!. :o

MarkE

Quote from: Pirate88179 on December 25, 2014, 11:30:11 PM
MH:

Tinmans' question actually makes sense to me given your water analogy with electricity.  I am going out on a limb here a bit but...consider a water hose of say, 3/4" dia connected to a garden spigot.  Say the hose is 10 foot long.  Turn the spigot on, and based upon the pressure provided by the water company (voltage, right?) and given the I.D. of the hose you get "X" amount of water output/minute. (Amperage or power)  The water will also flow at a given velocity that is easily calculated (not by me) given the above parameters.  Call this velocity "V".  It is fixed for this configuration unless something is changed.

Now, let us pinch this hose and restrict the flow.  This increases the pressure but restricts the flow.  It also increases the velocity of the water.

Now I know that resistors do not increase the pressure (amperage) but isn't the pinched hose an analogy of a resistor?  If so, it would increase the velocity of the "flow" which makes Tinman's question make sense to me.

Perhaps my analogy is flawed somewhere and does not fit with your water analogy.  I am not seeing in this case how a resistor can restrict the flow of amperage without increasing the voltage (pressure) and the velocity (speed of flow) as in my above example.

Please excuse my ignorance, but the good news is that I was trained to see electricity as analogous to the flow of water, so, I just need to fill in a few holes in my understanding.

Bill
The analogy works in terms of flow: Pinch a hose introducing a pressure drop and the flow rate drops.  Introduce  a resistor into a DC circuit introducing a voltage drop and the current (rate of charge movement) drops. 

The linear speed that water passes through the hose does not have a direct analogy in electricity.  In a wire there is a drift rate of electrons which is very slow.

MarkE

Quote from: tinman on December 26, 2014, 01:57:33 AM
I have done the experiment under strict controlled conditions TK--have you?
Light can travel at different speed's depending on the enviroment that it is traveling through.
Magnetic waves can travel at different speeds depending on the enviroment it is traveling through.
So why is it that you think current traveling through a different resistance is such a silly question?.

I will wait a bit before i post me result's.
Certainly if one builds an RC circuit it emulates a restriction and an accumulator in both the hydraulic and pneumatic analogies.  However in all three cases:  the resistor or restriction reduces the flow of charge and fluid respectively.  The linear speed of molecules in the linear flow increases according to Bernoulli's Principle.  The simple fluid model analogies work well at low frequencies.  They don't work well at high frequencies. in the hydraulic and pneumatic cases, the fluid is the "stuff" that moves.  In electromagnetics: waves move through media, and with few exceptions do so very fast. 

tinman

Quote from: TinselKoala on December 25, 2014, 10:58:25 PM
You're kidding, right? Sitting at a working computer, asking if current flows at different speeds through different values of resistors? 

Current flows at different speeds in different size wire,which in turn has a different resistive value per meter.
This should be fun ;)