Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

T-(Shaped) Turbine, Which uses Centrifugal Force

Started by Overunityguide, December 24, 2014, 05:49:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

telecom

Quote from: Overunityguide on January 26, 2015, 01:17:02 PM
Because of the promising results with my test setup during my last video, I have decided to update the theoretical self-runner design.
So for now it contains the most recent improvements. (nozzles being bend +/- 60  degrees)

Hi
there may be one problem - mismatch of the RPMs of the turbines and the main rotor,
since most likely, the turbines will want to rotate much faster.
To resolve this, may be connect turbines to the shafts of the generators, which in turn will feed the main motor of the rotor?
Just a thought.
Regards

Overunityguide

Quote from: telecom on January 29, 2015, 10:59:54 AM
Hi
there may be one problem - mismatch of the RPMs of the turbines and the main rotor,
since most likely, the turbines will want to rotate much faster.
To resolve this, may be connect turbines to the shafts of the generators, which in turn will feed the main motor of the rotor?
Just a thought.
Regards

@ telecom,

And that's where the Transmission Ratio comes in. Because of the Transmission Ratio between the Pelton Pulley and the Fixed Stator Pulley, the Pelton Turbine could rotate multiple times before the whole structure is turned around a single time. I guess that the Transmission Ratio in my drawing is about 1:10 But that's only an estimate.

Of course we do need to find the optimum Transmission Ratio. But that is something which can be done by a little Trial and Error.

4Tesla

@Overunityguide

Nice work!!    8)

Nice to see something new!
Reminds me of the Richard Clem oil engine, but is different.

ETA:  I just found this thread.. might be useful for ideas..
http://www.energeticforum.com/renewable-energy/4348-water-turbine-project.html

Overunityguide

Quote from: 4Tesla on January 30, 2015, 04:02:56 AM
ETA:  I just found this thread.. might be useful for ideas..
http://www.energeticforum.com/renewable-energy/4348-water-turbine-project.html

@4Tesla,

Thanks for sharing the link, I was aware of its existence. Especially the 'Tornado Home-Power Generator' Images from Viktor Schauberger are quite interesting to me. I have to admit that that setup was the first one I have tried. (with a fixed stationary outer ring) But unfortunately didn't work for me... I think it has to do with the very high speed water jets, which are needed at the circumference of the rotating structure to propel it by itself. This because of the wide diameter needed for the rotating structure... To summarize: the wider you make the rotating structure, the higher the centrifugal force will be at the circumference. But on the other hand, the wider you make the structure the higher the velocity of the out-moving water jets needs to be, to propel itself around. This is why I thought of using Pelton Turbines at the circumference, and capture the resulting centrifugal force by making use of rotating generators or by making use of a belt like transmission, connected to stationary center pulleys at the fixed frame structure. In both ways (electrical or mechanical) we can affect the electrical power conversion parameters or affect the mechanical transmission ratio.

I personally think that in this way we can extract lots of power from a High Pressure / Low Flow Rate rotating structure.
I will also try to post an image of my fixed outer (stator like) structure which didn't worked by me.

Overunityguide

As promised, Here you will find my photos of my First and Initial setup with the fixed stationary outer ring. Unfortunately this setup didn't worked by me. I think because: The wider you make the rotating structure, the higher the centrifugal force will be at the circumference. But on the other hand, the wider you make the structure the higher the velocity of the out-moving water jets needs to be, to propel itself around. So from that moment in time, I decided to go for the Pelton Turbine (High Pressure/Low Flow Rate) route...

(but I am still playing with the thoughts that maybe if we create the fixed stationary outer ring a bit bigger and build the rotating structure with a bigger circumference, there might be a chance that it could work...) But this is something to try for another time. For now I have put my hopes on the outer Pleton Turbine Setup.