Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Gravity Assisted magnetic motor (GAMM)

Started by Dingus Mungus, September 26, 2006, 03:50:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregory

Interesting...

I have really no idea what this thing should do in reality... really.
One part of my mind say, Yes it can work anyway. But at the same time the other part say: No, no way...

But I totally agree with you in this thing:
Quote from: Dingus Mungus on September 26, 2006, 03:50:49 PM
I believe this motor would have a extremely low RPM...

Cheers,
Greg

Dingus Mungus

Quote from: Greg & Gregory on September 28, 2006, 05:03:49 PM
Interesting...

I have really no idea what this thing should do in reality... really.
One part of my mind say, Yes it can work anyway. But at the same time the other part say: No, no way...

But I totally agree with you in this thing:
Quote from: Dingus Mungus on September 26, 2006, 03:50:49 PM
I believe this motor would have a extremely low RPM...

Cheers,
Greg

You speak for us both...

My mind is also in a state of indecision on this concept.. The only way to know for sure though is to test it, and I have a industial engineer friend who is interested in taking on the project. I will keep the group updated when we begin single arm design and testing.

Always remember RPM's mean nothing without tourque...
but high tourque at low RPM's can produce useful work.

Gregory

Always remember RPM's mean nothing without tourque...
but high tourque at low RPM's can produce useful work.

Yeah, we agree again. ;) I also know, that torque is much more important than rpm. Without torque rpm is only an illusion.

Good luck for designing and engineering with your friend!

composer

Hi Dingus,
I had very similar intuition some years ago, I constructed it ... but doesn't work.
If you decide to engineering this you can make some modifications before (I'm sure you've already considered that ... but).
For example: it's better to substitute the alluminum with plastic, teflon or fiberglass (alluminum or any other conductive material, makes eddy currents when magnets slides over it ... and make the magnet very very slow).
Consider also that when a rotor magnet pass in the bottom, when there's a stator magnet in repulsion, it's very close and generate a counter-torque. The relative positive torque of the rotor magnet when approaching a upper rotor magnet in attraction is very weak because of the relative major distance (remember the magnetic force is inverse by the distance^3). This is a big problem.
If you make calculus the thing don't work as is. If you construct as is ... the thing don't work. You must find a way for make it work.

I assure I fail, but if you find the way to resolve te problem, maybe you can achieve the task.

sashaspiridonov

Also, at 90 degree mark - where the stator magnet and the rotor magnet are at their closest - it would take energy to pull out of that 'spot' to continue the cycle.
Interesting idea, but seems like a 0 net force system.