Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Measuring Amps on output coils

Started by nathanj99, March 16, 2015, 06:16:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tinman

Quote from: tinman on March 24, 2015, 09:35:46 PM
Yes-like in the video, although I see laserhacker was a little lost as to why he had to short the coil on the Ecore to get the effect, when the explanation is quite simple.
In fact, that video just showed you a continual current flow through a non superconductive coil.

verpies

verpies

Quote from: tinman on March 24, 2015, 05:17:17 PM
Now,what is the difference between a super conducting ring(that has only an internal magnetic field once a current is sent through it,and the good old room temperature PMH ?
The PMH relies on the same effect as a tape recorder to store information - the remanent magnetization of high coercivity ferromagnetic material (...or not a very soft one).  Qualitatively this is no different than the attraction by a permanent magnet.

The difference between the attraction of a soft ferromagnetic keeper by an energized superconducting ring versus by a permanent magnet is that the flux through the superconducting ring always stays constant, while it does not stay constant in case of a permanent magnet  (that's why the LED flashes in this video).
The other difference is that the attraction of a superconducting ring can be "turned off" (by interrupting the electric current in it) while the attraction of a permanent magnet cannot be "turned off" (short of demagnetizing / destroying it, e.g. by exceeding its Curie temperature).

The other operational mode of PMH ( the one with the shorted coil and very soft ferrite) is devoid of magnetic remanence effects and differs from a superconducting ring only in magnitude of the L/R time constant. 
If the PMH does not hold the keeper when the coil is opened or absent, but holds it indefinitely when that coil shorted (or longer that 5*L/R), then it is an anomaly.

There could be a brief discussion about the influence of dΦ/dt on the final level of remanent magnetization in the core, but it will not lead anywhere - been there, done that...

Quote from: tinman on March 24, 2015, 09:47:54 PM
In fact, that video just showed you a continual current flow through a non superconductive coil.
Not a "continual current flow" - more like a LONG one...
Give me the inductance and resistance of that shorted coil and I will let you know whether that time was unusually long or not. ( t  >> 5*L/R ).

MarkE

Quote from: tinman on March 24, 2015, 09:47:54 PM
Verpies is right:  The field weakens enough to cause the pieces to separate after a couple of seconds.  That tells us that the current decreases over time.  It does not sustain.

tinman

Quote from: verpies on March 25, 2015, 04:52:39 AM

(short of demagnetizing / destroying it, e.g. by exceeding its Curie temperature).

The other operational mode of PMH ( the one with the shorted coil and very soft ferrite) is devoid of magnetic remanence effects and differs from a superconducting ring only in magnitude of the L/R time constant. 

QuoteNot a "continual current flow" - more like a LONG one...
Yes-bad wording on my behalf.

QuoteThe other difference is that the attraction of a superconducting ring can be "turned off" (by interrupting the electric current in it) while the attraction of a permanent magnet cannot be "turned off" (short of demagnetizing / destroying it, e.g. by exceeding its Curie temperature).
This is true some what.While it cant be switched off, an alnico's magnetic field can be flipped quite easly,and without much power to do so.

QuoteIf the PMH does not hold the keeper when the coil is opened or absent, but holds it indefinitely when that coil shorted (or longer that 5*L/R), then it is an anomaly.
Do you know why the Ecore keepers will not stay together without the shorted coil?,the answer is quite interesting--odds and evens. ;)

QuoteThere could be a brief discussion about the influence of dΦ/dt on the final level of remanent magnetization in the core, but it will not lead anywhere - been there, done that...
Give me the inductance and resistance of that shorted coil and I will let you know whether that time was unusually long or not. ( t  >> 5*L/R ).

The coil in that demonstration was not a good design. There is no need for two sepperate coil's. You need only one coil wound in a partiqular way. My PMH that was the same Ecore design(smaller Ecore),but with a coil wound this certain way,was able to maintain it's bonding for over 11 minutes. I believe a larger gauge wire would have seen this time increase,due to less resistance.

I really think there is something that can be had from the PMH.