Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Rewriting the history of the symbol of shamash

Started by gravityblock, March 21, 2015, 09:51:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gravityblock

Wristwatches were first worn by military men towards the end of the nineteenth century, which coincides to the time in which the fallen ones were released according to the ancient manuscripts! 

Gravock
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.

God will confuse the wise with the simplest things of this world.  He will catch the wise in their own craftiness.

jbignes5

Wow what have you become. I showed you valid information about the symbol you were talking about. It is not a watch and the symbol is in many many cylinder seals of that time not related to wearing it on the wrist as well. Most of those cylinder seals don't show anything on the wrist when that symbol is shown. The only one taking it out of context is you.

http://firstlegend.info/Babylonian%20shamash%202000bc.jpg
http://firstlegend.info/Triade%20sm.jpg
https://ferrebeekeeper.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/goddess-inanna-and-her-lions.jpg?w=490

As time went by they forgot what the images were and used to to create religions on. One of which was a Moon cult another was a sun cult.

"The cuneiform text beneath the stele is divided into fifteen passages, blending prose, poetic and rhetorical elements in the fashion typical of Mesopotamian royal inscriptions. It tells how Sippar and the Ebabbar temple of Shamash had fallen into disrepair with the loss of the statue of the God. This cult image is temporarily replaced with the solar disk; it is further described how a new figure of Shamash was found in an eastern part of the Euphrates, from which Nabu-apla-iddina has constructed a new statue of lapis lazuli and gold to restore the cult. Similar iconographic and prosaic parallels have been evidenced from Mesopotamian and later Jewish sources where the king who restores the cult is seen like a deity passing on divine symbols. The remainder of the text records the gifts of the royal grant, similar to a kudurru and discusses the practices of the temple, priestly rules, dress codes and regulations."

gravityblock

Jbignes,

I never said the symbol of shamash exclusivly represents a wrist watch in every single instance of its use as you are wrongly implying and falsley asserting.  Also, you can't deny the symbol of shamash in the first image is depicting what appears to be a pulley system as it is being depicted in its use.  You are intentionally trying to mislead others in what I wrote.  What have you become?  We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Gravock
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.

God will confuse the wise with the simplest things of this world.  He will catch the wise in their own craftiness.

sm0ky2

above the seated character: (left to right)

Nannar - > Shamash <- Ningal

Father   ->     Son <-     Mother

Moon    ->     Sun    <-   Earth

This is backwards from mythologies that developed far to the south-west,
where the sun begat the moon and earth.

The "wristwatch" is more of a decoration, symbolic of his mother. notice the points, not squiggly lines.
I was fixing a shower-rod, slipped and hit my head on the sink. When i came to, that's when i had the idea for the "Flux Capacitor", Which makes Perpetual Motion possible.

jbignes5

Quote from: gravityblock on March 21, 2015, 08:04:13 PM
Jbignes,

I never said the symbol of shamash exclusivly represents a wrist watch in every single instance of its use as you are wrongly implying and falsley asserting.  Also, you can't deny the symbol of shamashshamash in the first image is depicting what appears to be a pulley system as it is being depicted.  You are intentionally trying to mislead others in what I wrote.  What have you become?  We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Gravock

It is very clear what you were saying.

" The symbol of shamash doesn't necessarily represent the sun.  It's true purpose is to describe rotational motion.  The symbol found in the tablet of shamash is showing a pulley system with a bearing lifting an object (see first image below).   The waves or squiggly lines within the symbol is describing motion or rotation.  Also note, there are 4 additional symbols of shamash found in the bottom portion of the image representing wheels with waves or squiggly lines above them to show the wheels moving along a surface. In the second image below, we can see this symbol around the wrist of shamash to describe a watch.  In this case, the squiggly or waving lines represent the hands moving in a clock.  Shamash is also shown wearing a breastplate with the same symbol that was adopted by the knights of templar.  The straps of the breastplate also forms a Maltese cross with a hook off the top right portion of the cross, which was also adopted by the knights of templar."

"**It's true purpose**"  "The symbol found in the tablet of shamash **is** showing a pulley system with a bearing"  "The waves or squiggly lines within the symbol **is** describing motion or rotation"  "representing wheels with waves or squiggly lines above them **to show** the wheels moving along a surface"

How did I misinterpret what you said or take it out of context?

Also as I posted the text of the cuneiform above there is no pulley system but a temporary disk of the SUN because Shamash was a sun God until they found a replacement for the broken Statue.

But as I have posted as well there is very credible evidence that my original post is very correct and the Electric Universe guys are doing some great work to explain things in our current solar system that will let us understand why they worshiped the sun as a god. Please take the time to listen to these guys you just might discover something new about something very very old.