Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Steorn Debut's forever Battery at Slattery's

Started by ramset, May 06, 2015, 01:27:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkE

Quote from: tinman on May 11, 2015, 07:18:00 AM
Would not the current also be very high without BEMF?,as BEMF is the voltage that apposes the applied voltage. I mean,we do have induction within the toriod's,so there must be BEMF. BEMF is what reduces the current draw within inductor's,so no BEMF = higher current draw,as the voltage across the inductor would be higher.

Now,what we need is a higher BEMF than the applied voltage-->would that mean we have a negative resistance?.
There are two BEMFs in the Steorn motor:  The BEMF of the toroid coils themselves in isolation, and the BEMF from the rotating magnets.  The power source, Steorn's big battery connects to the toroid windings much longer than their L/R time constant fully saturating those windings.  At the same time that the battery builds-up current in the windings, BEMF from the moving magnet resists the current build-up.  The combined effects are seen in the current versus time oscilloscope plots.  When the toroid saturates, the BEMF constant falls like a rock, which is why the ripple which is really there does not show up on a quantization limited digital oscilloscope.

MarkE

Quote from: Red_Sunset on May 11, 2015, 08:18:30 AM
Profitis,
An interesting observation, I think we need to differentiate between inductive and mechanical manifestations.
The existence of poles can manifest itself in indirect ways, attraction= increased permeability,  repulsion= non availability of permeability (a distortion of the field seeking out permeability)

As Mark stated earlier,  a saturated core is equal to a air core,  this might be not 100% true,.  I would venture to say that no additional field strength can be accepted by the core (it is full),  this would behave like a repulsion to an approaching magnet because its field will become distorted by the saturated core

Magnet behavior is not necessary simple black or white,  the natural tendency is attraction.

Red_Sunset
A fully saturated core exhibits a permeability of 1.0, the same as a vacuum or effectively air.  Additional field builds just fine, but at a rate that can be 1000's of times smaller per ampere turn per meter than unsaturated.

MarkE

Quote from: Red_Sunset on May 11, 2015, 10:55:44 AM
TK,

Up to the TDC position point,  the rotor magnetic field was using the toroid core as a preferable (low) reluctance path. 
At TDC, the toroid is energized to saturation, this expels the rotor magnet field out of the toroid core.  This distorts the rotor field into a shape that excludes the toroid core, now this modified rotor field shape applies a certain pressure onto the surrounding that forced it into this distortion. (this being the toroid) and therefore this pressure must result into a force, a repulsive force between rotor magnet and toroid core.  Or so I would think.

Red_Sunset
TK is correct.  When the magnet is approaching the toroid the current is off and the toroid acts like a chunk of iron, but due to the resistivity of the ferrite without any appreciable eddy currents.  As the magnet gets closer, the current is switched on, ultimately saturating the toroid core, and massively reducing the attractive force.  Momentum then carries the rotor past the toroid.  The current is switched off, and the toroid comes out of saturation, ready for the next rotor magnet.  The field developed in the toroid has only a small but non-zero component aligned to the direction of travel of the nearest rotor magnet at any time.  It is if you will a "gated SMOT".

MarkE

Quote from: hartiberlin on May 11, 2015, 11:22:27 AM
There is no moving coil !
Just a moving permanent magnet !
My bad for typing "coil" when I meant magnet.

No, as the 2 toroidal coils on the ferrite cores are place 180 degrees out of phase in series !

Thus ALL INDUCTION by the moving permanent magnet is just cancelled out  !
No Generator effect at all !
No, that is not what is going on.   The primary effect going on here is as described in TK's Orbette videos: core effect.  Saturation of the cores changes their permeability and therefore magnetic attraction.  Higher attraction approaching and lower attraction leaving leads to net directional torque.  These are a variation on a solenoid.  And if one cares to look solenoids exhibit BEMF.

Have again a look at the enhanced version, the Thomas Motor that explains it well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Su-v45BsFpI
That motor operates from leakage flux.  It is quite different and much more powerful than the Steorn core effect motor.

hartiberlin

Yes, I agree, but as the 2 toroidal cores are 180 degrees out of phase and put in series there
just can not be any induction from the magnets !

Tell me, how the induction should work, if they are all positioned symmetrically !

In each coil will be induced for example a positive half wave when the magnet passes by
and as they are put in series, but 180 degrees out of phase, the 2nd coil will have an inverted half wave,
so the induction voltages will just cancel out.

Can we agree on this ?
Stefan Hartmann, Moderator of the overunity.com forum