Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

2n3055 transistor question

Started by TheOne, July 19, 2015, 11:02:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheOne

Quote from: MarkE on July 19, 2015, 02:47:01 PM
The losses through a 2N3055 at that kind of frequency are horrendous.  Change transistors to something more appropriate and it will be a SUPER slayer.

Please note my video test from my previous post was a 10% duty cycle. Also youtube converted my video in bad quality I dont know why...

I have 2 others transistors rate at 7mhz. BU208A, well rated higher then 2n3055, but for my initial test i will stay with 2N3055 because I will start with lower frequency at first.

Void

Quote from: TheOne on July 19, 2015, 01:14:25 PM
I don't know what is the max frequency a magnetite core can handle, I will need to experiment.

The frequency range that any core can be used at depends on the specific type of core material you are using.
Iron and iron powder and silicon steel are typically only useful at very low frequencies. Different ferrite compostions
are suitable for differrent frequency ranges depending on the specific ferrite composition. Usually manufacturers
of different types of core materials provide details in data sheets on what frequency range their different core compositions are
suitable for. Also, you should be aware that some LEDs do not work as good at higher frequencies as other types of LEDs.
I have two sets of white LEDS from different sources that look pretty much the same on the outside, but only
one of the sets of LEDs works well at frequencies in the high kHz or MHz range. The other LED type only lights
at low frequencies. You should test your LEDS with a signal generator and series voltage limiting resistor over a
range of frequencies to see what frequency ranges the LEDs can light at.

All the best...

TheOne

ok good to know!

I made another test, changing the duty cycle to 20% and I can go to 1.8mhz (led on) but after then it fail
at 30% duty cycle the led light up to 3.1mhz and stop after that

but I know the frequency is probably not good enough to do what I want to do but I can see what the transistor is able to do

MarkE

Quote from: TheOne on July 19, 2015, 02:52:42 PM

Please note my video test from my previous post was a 10% duty cycle. Also youtube converted my video in bad quality I dont know why...

I have 2 others transistors rate at 7mhz. BU208A, well rated higher then 2n3055, but for my initial test i will stay with 2N3055 because I will start with lower frequency at first.
A GBW product of 7MHz does not mean that the transistor works at 7MHz.  It means that at 7MHz you have to pump as much power in as you get out.

TinselKoala

Quote from: MarkE on July 19, 2015, 02:47:01 PM
The losses through a 2N3055 at that kind of frequency are horrendous.  Change transistors to something more appropriate and it will be a SUPER slayer.
Yes, you are right, there is probably more power being dissipated in the transistor than is being put to useful use. It works quite well with a TIP35C, too, and perhaps wastes a bit less power.