Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

SimonsWheel

Started by s1m0n, August 18, 2015, 07:42:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

s1m0n

Hi guys,
Just a concept I'm messing round with that utilizes gravity to power an overbalanced wheel for free energy.
Please feel free to comment, I'd love to hear your ideas.
http://www.simonswheel.co.uk/

zoelra

@s1m0n,

Variations of this design have been studied for many years.  The energy required to lift the weights is exactly the energy gained from the rotation of the wheel due to the added overbalance.  When you add in friction, the wheel is a non-runner.  If you are going to study designs similar to those Bessler shows in his MT, you might consider joining www.besslerwheel.com.

s1m0n

Thanks so much Zoelra.
My thoughts behind SimonsWheel were to look at a PMM from an engineering point of view. Although I'm not an engineer I can clearly see from looking at pictures of other attempts why they don't work. Finding the weak links in previous attempts allowed me to make those links as strong as possible.
I've thrown it over to Myth Busters ATM.

zoelra

The prime mover, whatever it is, likely provides some type of mechanical advantage.  It could be a lever mechanism, or some type of centrifugal/inertia induced movement.  John Collins, 0ystein, and Trevor (users on www.besslerwheel.com) all claim to know the secret and say it is a lever mechanism that provides the advantage.  For the last 10 years I myself have been experimenting with variations of the two stage oscillator (the Milkovic 2SO) and the Buzzsaw Gravity Wheel.  My intent is not to reproduce the Bessler Wheel, but to find a solution that creates OU.  Once a solution is found, it should open the door to many others. Good luck with your research.

P.S.  I remember hearing that Myth Busters did a show on a PM wheel, and showed it to NOT work.  Sorry I don't have a link to that show, but it is probably searchable on YouTube.

s1m0n

I'll have a look for that episode of Myth Busters.

I just can't see that there could be a prime mover. If the sum of the net gains are greater than the energy required to reset, it would work.
This would purely come down to size. If each opposing pair of weights gave a net gain of 1 unit and 60 units were needed to reset, then the wheel would need over 120 weights.

An exaggerated view would be a Ferris wheel with thousands of weights on each side.
The net gain from all those weights still only has to lift two weights.
Once the weights are raised they become part of the net gain again.

What spikes my curiosity is that the only large PMM attempt that I'm aware of was the BesslerWheel.

That said, I'm expecting someone really good at maths to tell me I'm a fool anytime soon.