Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Inductive Kickback

Started by citfta, November 20, 2015, 07:13:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

synchro1

Quote from: Jeg on November 20, 2015, 09:46:26 AM
Hi guys

When the switch opens, inductor will try to keep its magnetic field alive, and to retain its magnetic poles at the same place as when the switch is closed. There is no other way for this to happen than the current to keep going on same direction as before. This is simple physics. What path it will take depends on the circuitry. In this example bemf  just can not return to the negative of the battery because the circuit is open!!! It will go through diode because the circuit closes through the capacitor back to the base of the inductor.
Sometimes our minds get stack in simple matters. It happens to all of us. :)

@Jeg,

There's no longer any current flowing after the Reed switch is open. You maintain that the magnetic field is sustained by some imaginary current!

citfta

A link to get you started:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inductor

I had to leave for a while but now I am back.

To answer the question about current flow and opposite polarity,  answer my question about which direction does current flow inside a battery.  Does it flow from positive to negative or the other way round?  And which way does it flow outside the battery?  When you get the answer to that you will understand why polarity can switch on an inductor but the current still flows the same way.

Also do you have a way to conduct the test with a 2 channel scope?

Carroll

tinman

Quote from: citfta on November 20, 2015, 09:56:25 AM
A link to get you started:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inductor

I had to leave for a while but now I am back.

To answer the question about current flow and opposite polarity,  answer my question about which direction does current flow inside a battery.  Does it flow from positive to negative or the other way round?  And which way does it flow outside the battery?  When you get the answer to that you will understand why polarity can switch on an inductor but the current still flows the same way.

Also do you have a way to conduct the test with a 2 channel scope?

Carroll

Yes i do,and will be doing that tomorrow by way of video-as it is late at night here in OZ ATM.

tinman

Quote from: synchro1 on November 20, 2015, 09:51:08 AM
@Jeg,

There's no longer any current flowing after the Reed switch is open. You maintain that the magnetic field is sustained by some imaginary current!
When the switch opens,the current continues to flow through the inductor--this is the flyback current we are talking about.
What do you think flyback is Synchro?-->it is the power produced by the collapsing magnetic field around the inductor when the switch is opened. It is how i have drawn it a few post back.
Current continues to flow through the inductor after the switch is open. The magnetic field is sustained some what due to the current loop through the inductor and LED.

Jeg

Synchro,
The current that flows when the switch is open is not from the battery. Isn't an inductor an energy tank? How that energy manifests itself during a field collapsing?