Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Inductive Kickback

Started by citfta, November 20, 2015, 07:13:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

citfta

I am not going to say you are wrong about that.  There are still a lot of things about electromagnetics we don't totally understand.  I can only say that in all my years of working with coils and pulse motors I have not seen any evidence that would lead me to believe any extra current is  produced when the magnetic field of a coil collapses.

Dog-One

It seems to me if there is no advantage in letting the current out of the coil, then don't.  Lock the current in there and let if flow while retaining the magnetic field it generated, much like a permanent magnet.  And since you already have current in there, try adding some more.  As long as you don't saturate whatever core material you are using, one should be able to push the field strength up, up and up.  The lower the resistance in your coil windings, the longer you can hold each additional surge of current.

When you do finally desire to unleash all this stored magnetic energy, why not just let it go back to a capacitor to be reused again.  You control the change in current via resistance, so you can set to what voltage you want the capacitor to charge up to--big cap / small voltage or little cap / high voltage.  The loss you incur from the transfer can be supplemented by your power source so the cap is ready for the next cycle.  Use the cap to energize the coil in the first place and only use the power supply to keep it topped off.

My hunch is if you do all this properly, you can create serious magnetic force to drive an armature and perform work without spending the classical 746 watts per horsepower.  Supposedly Paul Babcock has done this and I wouldn't be too surprised to learn that others have also.

Easy?

No, which is why we are all struggling.  I just think if we get the concepts right and decide what it is we want, there's a way to achieve it.

Myself, I think there is a way to create constant linear or rotational force in such a way there is no need to let the coil windings collapse--they will regardless unless you are using superconductors, but you only intervene when the current has become so weak that it would make sense to pump them back up again.  That's when you open the switch and only when you open the switch.  Just a crazy idea, but since I thought it, it would be silly not to pursue it.

seychelles

Hi all this might be a different type of inductive kick back but very interesting..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyVJ-lOO-50

synchro1

"Let us consider another experiment. In Fig. 3 (below) a large wooden spool wound with a large number of turns of fine, insulated wire is connected to a galvanometer. A small spool wound with a few turns of insulated wire is connected in series with a dry cell and a contact key. Let us put the small spool down inside the large spool and press the contact key, closing the circuit. The galvanometer needle will be deflected, showing that a current has been induced in the large coil. What has happened? When we closed the switch and current started flowing in the small coil, that current caused a magnetic field to develop around it, and that developing magnetic field induced an emf and current in the large coil. If the key is kept closed, the induced current in the large coil soon stops. When the circuit is broken, the strength of the magnetic field quickly falls to zero and an induced current flowing in the opposite direction occurs. In both cases the induced current stops flowing when the magnetic field stops changing".

Faraday's induction:

"The direction of movement of the magnet altered the direction of the induced current, and similar results were achieved with the South pole of a magnet although the induced current was always opposite to current induced with the North pole of a magnet".

Viewing the two diagrams below demonstrates the correctness of the current reversal claims in each case. The movement of the primary field into and out of the secondary coil on the left causes the same current reversal as the magnet causes in the coils on the right when the magnet reverses direction.

AlienGrey

Quote from: tinman on November 20, 2015, 09:25:40 AM

When the current source to an inductor is interrupted, the current will continue to flow through the inductor in the same direction,but the voltage across that inductor will invert. This is how the simple circuit below is able to work,and the LED can be lit from the flyback<--im guessing you guys want to use the term !flyback! so as to keep it simple?.

Diagram 1 shows the switch closed,and current flows from the battery into the top of the inductor,and out the bottom of the inductor,and into the negative of the battery. At this point in time,i also assume that we will stick to conventional current flow throughout this thread-so as to keep it simple?.

Diagram 2 shows the current flow through the inductor,and voltage polarity across that inductor the moment the switch becomes open. This current flow,and voltage polarity will remain the same until such time as the magnetic field around the inductor has fully collapsed-all stored energy has been depleted. We know the current flowing through the inductor must be in the same direction,and the voltage must have inverted in order for the LED to light.
Why you turn the battery round to confuse things ? Master Po ?