Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

An overbalanced wheel design... I now have no time to build.

Started by Giro, November 23, 2015, 02:44:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Giro

Hi everyone,
I worked for many years on wheel design & building and ceased around the time the earthquakes arrived here in Christchurch.
Thoughts on paper continued for a couple of years afterwards, though the building has ceased permanently now.
I spent some extremely difficult times searching for a way to lift any weight within a wheel to no avail.
It was after the building ceased, that the first weight-lifter design came to me.
It's design is important. No other design has even looked like turning up in my head.
As the years do not allow me to build any more these days, I decided a short while back, to give it away to all.
This way, my work may be expanded on & not wasted.
The lifter is very irksome to erect on bearings I'm afraid
Here is the site.        overbalanced wheel theory . nz

Dbowling

Interesting idea. I have been working with a very similar concept and have a couple builds in different stages of not working. I only posted here because I believe our ideas are quite similar. I have a four foot wheel that I try out designs on whenever I get the chance. Sorry for the crude representation. I am going to have to come up with a cad program one day really soon. Perhaps my "curved" mechanism is not the best design, and I have a couple of others on paper, including a simple "L" shape with a weight on each end and a pivot point, but the idea is to use two small falling weights and LEVERAGE to move a large weight out TO the rim and another large weight in FROM the rim. There would be eight such mechanisms within the hollow wheel which would have no axle through the center of it.

AB Hammer

Quote from: Giro on November 23, 2015, 02:44:09 PM
Hi everyone,
I worked for many years on wheel design & building and ceased around the time the earthquakes arrived here in Christchurch.
Thoughts on paper continued for a couple of years afterwards, though the building has ceased permanently now.
I spent some extremely difficult times searching for a way to lift any weight within a wheel to no avail.
It was after the building ceased, that the first weight-lifter design came to me.
It's design is important. No other design has even looked like turning up in my head.
As the years do not allow me to build any more these days, I decided a short while back, to give it away to all.
This way, my work may be expanded on & not wasted.
The lifter is very irksome to erect on bearings I'm afraid
Here is the site.        overbalanced wheel theory . nz

Greetings Giro

Very insetting variation of this approach. I will reed and explore more this evening.  I have had some fair success with the concept of slide weights, and I have a new one to finish shortly. The how to shift is interesting. I think I at about 60 something now days on this approach alone.

Dbowling

Nice to see more work in this direction. The control slots may give you a bit of trouble just a I couldn't get a cam to work so far as well.

Alan

With out a dream, there can be no vision.

Alan

Dbowling

Alan,
That drawing was more to show the idea. Two small weights. Top one drops TO center and the bottom one drops down FROM center. Their movement pushes or pulls a weight in from one side while pushing or pulling a weight out to the other side. I have tried several mechanisms, including the curves with slots, which do not work, but show the idea in the simplest form.

The idea is to use the force of gravity that acts upon the falling weights, plus leverage to move LARGER weights from side to side. One out to the rim and one in from the rim to create the overbalance necessary for rotation. Right now I am working with pulleys and wire to achieve the same concept.The problem is, the pulleys don't develop the leverage I want to move the large amount of weight I want to move. I need more leverage, which implies a different kind of system. But researching is half the fun of this.

AB Hammer

Quote from: Dbowling on November 24, 2015, 01:37:56 PM
Alan,
That drawing was more to show the idea. Two small weights. Top one drops TO center and the bottom one drops down FROM center. Their movement pushes or pulls a weight in from one side while pushing or pulling a weight out to the other side. I have tried several mechanisms, including the curves with slots, which do not work, but show the idea in the simplest form.

The idea is to use the force of gravity that acts upon the falling weights, plus leverage to move LARGER weights from side to side. One out to the rim and one in from the rim to create the overbalance necessary for rotation. Right now I am working with pulleys and wire to achieve the same concept.The problem is, the pulleys don't develop the leverage I want to move the large amount of weight I want to move. I need more leverage, which implies a different kind of system. But researching is half the fun of this.

Dbowling

Your up and down will have a much grater advantage to your side to side but it is a good direction to consider to explore further.  In mine I use 2 direct slides that cross each other. What interest me the most in Giro is the mechanism in the middle. I have my own that are under construction but they are nothing like his. IMHO I believe Giro is a creditable inventor of the quest as well as ourselves. How is your construction coming along on this project? If you find problems? You should look at Bessler's MT drawings for parts you can use.  Here is a link.
http://www.besslerwheel.com/wiki/index.php?title=Portal:MT

Alan
With out a dream, there can be no vision.

Alan