Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

MH's ideal coil and voltage question

Started by tinman, May 08, 2016, 04:42:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Can a voltage exist across an ideal inductor that has a steady DC current flowing through it

yes it can
5 (25%)
no it cannot
11 (55%)
I have no idea
4 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 20

picowatt

Quote from: partzman on July 04, 2016, 09:55:23 AM
This model was an attempt to make sense of the Emf/Cemf feed back loop and D) represents said attempt. Do not be confused by your thought that I don't understand what you are saying because I understand completely, I just don't agree! I knew that my new model was not correct when I created the two Emf sources.

So, in another approach to resolve the matter, I propose we attempt to simulate the inductor that is, not use the internal inductor model(s) in any given simulator, but break it down into functional components as Webby suggests. 

LtSpice is my preference and it's toolbox includes arbitrary behavioral voltage and current sources plus voltage dependent current sources , current dependent voltage sources, etc, so all we need to do is basically establish the model and the math.

I see no reason why this should not be doable and it would be a great teaching tool.

I have attached a schematic that shows the general circuit we wish to simulate and what I believe to be your equivalent model, but I would like you to confirm or indicate any changes that should be made so we can proceed. I am still working on my own equivalent model and will post it as soon as it is complete enough for criticism.

pm

Partzman,

Under the "PW Model", the notation should read Cemf=L*di/dt and that is what you would have to simulate.

For a 5H inductor, you will have to sense the current flowing thru the circuit and continuously adjust the CEMF voltage source so that the rate of change (di) is maintained at .8A/s.   

In other words, you will have to simulate a rate of change dependent negative feedback loop.

I am not sure how you would go about detecting di, but once you have a way to do so, something like "if di<.8A/s decrease CEMF" and "if di>.8A/s increase CEMF" comes to mind. 

Perhaps .99 could offer some suggestions regarding this...

PW

ADDED:

Just thinking out loud...

If you can program an arbitrary current source so that it rises at a rate of .8A/s, it could be used as a reference current, Iref.  The applied EMF and Iref would be started simultaneously.  The current flowing thru the model would be detected, hereinafter, Idet.  You could then use the difference between Iref and Idet to generate an error signal to control the value of the CEMF Vsource using a comparator or the like.  In the real world of negative feedback, damping would also need to be dealt with... 

poynt99

Quote from: tinman on July 04, 2016, 10:40:08 AM
Either your sim dose not represent an accurate description of what happens at T=0,or you are not looking closely enough.

At T=0,the current will rise with the voltage until such time as the capacitance of the windings has been charged. depending on capacitance value,the current will !after a short time! return to a 0 value,and then begin it's rise over time.

At T=0,the CEMF dose not equal the EMF,as at T=0, the current tracks vertical with the voltage,and then drops back to a 0 value. The time span is very narrow,but it is at and after T=0.

Brad
No, the sim is indicating the results it should be. I did clearly specify that these results are for an inductor that is free from parasitic capacitance. I guess you missed that.
question everything, double check the facts, THEN decide your path...

Simple Cheap Low Power Oscillators V2.0
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=248
Towards Realizing the TPU V1.4: http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=217
Capacitor Energy Transfer Experiments V1.0: http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=209

minnie

I've got a little question, those of you who are experts will probably be able to
give an answer.
    I've found from experience,whatever you're doing, if the formula you're using
isn't suitable your job goes wrong.
   Question "Do people who design circuits use the accepted laws and do they
work out right?"
   Obviously unidealness of components has to be accounted for.
        Thank you John.

poynt99

Quote from: picowatt on July 04, 2016, 10:50:14 AM
Partzman,

Under the "PW Model", the notation should read Cemf=L*di/dt and that is what you would have to simulate.

For a 5H inductor, you will have to sense the current flowing thru the circuit and continuously adjust the CEMF voltage source so that the rate of change (di) is maintained at .8A/s.   

In other words, you will have to simulate a rate of change dependent negative feedback loop.

I am not sure how you would go about detecting di, but once you have a way to do so, something like "if di<.8A/s decrease CEMF" and "if di>.8A/s increase CEMF" comes to mind. 

Perhaps .99 could offer some suggestions regarding this...

PW
I was thinking of suggesting/doing this yesterday, but changed my mind. I've been down this road before and the work effort is not worth it. It will only be met with skepticism and will be readily dismissed as invalid.
question everything, double check the facts, THEN decide your path...

Simple Cheap Low Power Oscillators V2.0
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=248
Towards Realizing the TPU V1.4: http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=217
Capacitor Energy Transfer Experiments V1.0: http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=209

picowatt

Quote from: poynt99 on July 04, 2016, 11:59:15 AM
I was thinking of suggesting/doing this yesterday, but changed my mind. I've been down this road before and the work effort is not worth it. It will only be met with skepticism and will be readily dismissed as invalid.

I added the following to my post you referenced:

Just thinking out loud...

If you can program an arbitrary current source so that it rises at a rate of .8A/s, it could be used as a reference current, Iref.  The applied EMF and Iref would be started simultaneously.  The current flowing thru the model would be detected, hereinafter, Idet.  You could then use the difference between Iref and Idet to generate an error signal to control the value of the CEMF Vsource using a comparator or the like.  In the real world of negative feedback, damping would also need to be dealt with... 

If Partzman wants to attempt this, do you have any better or simpler suggestions as to how he might to go about it?

PW