Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Motor consumes no charge ?

Started by Gothic, May 11, 2016, 06:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tinman

Well,so he ended up with more than half the energy in the two caps combined to that of what he started with.
So 2.52 volts across 350F=1111.32 joules of energy in one cap,and none in the other.

The end result was
Cap 1 -1.468v across 350F= 377.129 joules
Cap 2-1.273v across 350F= 283.593 joules.

Total =660.722 joules
If we double this,we have 1321.444 joules.

So yes,he lost less than the half expected.
But there is also one other thing to take into account-->the little motor was running the whole time,and there for was also dissipating power the whole time current was flowing through it,by way of resistive heat loss.

Dont tell the EE guy's,they will start doing back flips.

Great job guys.

Brad

Dog-One

Quote from: tinman on May 14, 2016, 06:00:01 AM
Well,so he ended up with more than half the energy in the two caps combined to that of what he started with.
So 2.52 volts across 350F=1111.32 joules of energy in one cap,and none in the other.

The end result was
Cap 1 -1.468v across 350F= 377.129 joules
Cap 2-1.273v across 350F= 283.593 joules.

Total =660.722 joules
If we double this,we have 1321.444 joules.

So yes,he lost less than the half expected.

Yes, I get that we would need about 1.782V to be left in each capacitor to equal the same energy (Joules) we started with.

Okay, screw energy for a moment and just focus on charge:

TStart
C1 -- 2.52V -- 882 Coulombs
C2 -- 0.0V -- 0 Coulombs
QTotal:  882 Coulombs

TFinal
C1 -- 1.468V -- 513.8 Coulombs
C2 -- 1.273V -- 445.55 Coulombs
QTotal:  959.35 Coulombs

So how in the heck do we gain charge, but lose energy?  Isn't this an entirely "closed loop" system?  Charge just jumps in there as energy is split into two chunks?  If we had a system that took charge in two clumps and put them into one clump, would we gain energy and lose charge?

I need a better way to interpret these results Brad.  What is the correct way to think about this simple system?  Apparently you cannot think of energy like water and capacitors like buckets.  This is so very fundamental, I'd hate to waste this moment and beat my head against the wall for another ten years.

M@

tinman

Quote from: Dog-One on May 14, 2016, 04:04:54 PM
Yes, I get that we would need about 1.782V to be left in each capacitor to equal the same energy (Joules) we started with.

Okay, screw energy for a moment and just focus on charge:

TStart
C1 -- 2.52V -- 882 Coulombs
C2 -- 0.0V -- 0 Coulombs
QTotal:  882 Coulombs

TFinal
C1 -- 1.468V -- 513.8 Coulombs
C2 -- 1.273V -- 445.55 Coulombs
QTotal:  959.35 Coulombs

So how in the heck do we gain charge, but lose energy?  Isn't this an entirely "closed loop" system?  Charge just jumps in there as energy is split into two chunks?  If we had a system that took charge in two clumps and put them into one clump, would we gain energy and lose charge?

I need a better way to interpret these results Brad.  What is the correct way to think about this simple system?  Apparently you cannot think of energy like water and capacitors like buckets.  This is so very fundamental, I'd hate to waste this moment and beat my head against the wall for another ten years.

M@

Im not even going to pretend i know how that works.
C is I x time,where as Joules is watts per second--> 1 joule is 1 watt  second.

Looks odd when we look at energy stored in cap's
Example
1 volt over 1 Farad= 1 coulomb of charge,but only 500mJ of energy
2 volts over 1 Farad =2 coulombs of charge,and 2 joules of energy
3 volts over 1 Farad =3 coulombs of charge,but now the energy is higher at 4.5 joules.

As we go on,the charge always is the same as the voltage across the cap. If you double the size of the cap,you double the value of charge and energy.
So if we had 3 volts across a 2 Farad cap,we have 6 coulombs of charge,and 9 joules of energy.

I am not sure why at a low voltage,the charge is a higher value than the joules value,and then they switch places as you raise the voltage,where the joules of energy becomes more than the charge value.

I have never had the need to understand or study this situation-Joules V charge,so i can t offer any help there.

Brad

Dog-One

Quote from: tinman on May 15, 2016, 04:42:47 AM
Im not even going to pretend i know how that works.

I have never had the need to understand or study this situation-Joules V charge,so i can t offer any help there.

Thank you for giving it a go Brad.

I thought about this all night--charge being the derivative of energy, mathematically.  It kind of seems like energy is stored in a capacitor under pressure, with charge being the medium being compressed.  I suppose there is a way to associate this with an inductor too, but I haven't made any attempt yet to try it.  I did some plots of energy (and charge) transfer between two capacitors, focusing on the break-even point and the curves have some interesting characteristics--much like transferring air between two scuba tanks.

What seems so strange is the actual term "energy".  It's almost as if this is a completely fabricated term, having a very ambiguous meaning, at least in respect to electricity.  We don't actually transfer energy at all, we transfer some medium (charge, voltage, whatever) and in doing so, we can say it took energy to accomplish.  Then of course if it took some amount of time from start to finish, we can say "power" was involved.

Anyway, to quote ol' Ken Wheeler, it's all a bit of a "mind screw".  Hands on the bench is the only way to come to grips with it.

TinselKoala

Charge is conserved, as is energy. What may  _not_  be conserved is the capacitance value of large capacitors, which may vary somewhat according to all kinds of things, like temperature, pressure, voltage, charge-discharge currents, number of C-D cycles, etc.

Think about it.

As far as mentioning Kenny Wheeler goes.... even a broken clock could be right twice a day... unless it's a digital clock.