Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Marko Rodin Coil -- 007 Device

Started by Dog-One, June 02, 2016, 12:26:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tinman

Quote from: picowatt on June 18, 2016, 12:44:01 PM
Perhaps it would be best to just firmly plant the visualization for now...

PW

One would think that an !ideal! voltage source would have no harmonics,but only an ideal voltage.
One would also think that these harmonics are a result of the inductance of the test equipment"s leads and components,and not the voltage it self.

As for Russ,and what he is doing--i do recall him asking any EE guys out there that were watching his first video,to point out any mistakes he was making in his measurements.
I see a lot of guys here presenting all sorts of reasons there could be mistakes with his measurements so far,and this is ok to do of course. But is there any one here that is also actually testing the same device?. If there was one of the higher end EE guys here testing the device,then they could actually say where Russ is making his mistakes. But as it stands at the moment,we have only those !guessing! at what or where the mistakes are being made.

The other thing i have found over the years,is that as long as the measurements made come in at underunity,then no one questions the measurements taken. But when overunity measurements are presented,the eagle eyes are wide open,and watching without a blink.

Is there anyone here well versed in EE that is going to replicate and test?.

Brad

tinman

Quote from: MileHigh on June 18, 2016, 06:53:09 PM
You get the prize for the best question in eons.

Imagine your ideal current source is 5 amperes.  Say the two terminals of the ideal current source are one meter apart.  There is a nice aluminum bus bar that shorts the two terminals together.  As long as the bus bar is in place all is well.  You can sense the forbidden fruit already.

Now, if someone were to remove that bus bar or if it were to suddenly disappear, then you would not want to be in the same room.  There would be a highly unpredictable raging snarling unstoppable plasma arc between the two terminals that would be extremely nasty.

QuoteIf the same thing happened in space where there was no possible conductive medium for the current then we would go back to the good old Universe imploding and the end of all existence as we know it.

Well that is incorrect.
The correct answer would be--nothing happens at all.

Brad

poynt99

Quote from: tinman on June 18, 2016, 07:45:25 PM
One would think that an !ideal! voltage source would have no harmonics,but only an ideal voltage.
One would also think that these harmonics are a result of the inductance of the test equipment"s leads and components,and not the voltage it self.
It seems you're missing the point being made here.

If the voltage source is ideal and there are no distortion mechanisms present anywhere (always assumed in these discussions unless noted otherwise) then the harmonic content is determined by the wave shape.

Yes, if a pure sine wave is selected, then there are no harmonics. If a pure square wave is selected, then there is the fundamental frequency, plus all the odd ordered harmonics. Harmonic content is a function of the wave form.
question everything, double check the facts, THEN decide your path...

Simple Cheap Low Power Oscillators V2.0
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=248
Towards Realizing the TPU V1.4: http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=217
Capacitor Energy Transfer Experiments V1.0: http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=209

tinman

Quote from: poynt99 on June 18, 2016, 08:23:42 PM
It seems you're missing the point being made here.

If the voltage source is ideal and there are no distortion mechanisms present anywhere (always assumed in these discussions unless noted otherwise) then the harmonic content is determined by the wave shape.

Yes, if a pure sine wave is selected, then there are no harmonics.

QuoteIf a pure square wave is selected, then there is the fundamental frequency, plus all the odd ordered harmonics. Harmonic content is a function of the wave form.

That makes no sense to me.
If the wave form is pure,how can it have harmonic content?.
If there is any ripple !such as shown in PWs animation! in the wave form,then how is it a pure wave form?.
To me,a pure square wave form would have no harmonic ripple as shown in PWs animation. For example,a pure square wave would be like placing a scope across a 12 volt battery for 1 second,and then disconnect it for one second--and repeat process. This to me would show a pure 12 volt square wave with a 50% duty cycle. This harmonic ripple in a square wave can only come from the equipment ,and not the source.

Brad

picowatt

Quote from: tinman on June 18, 2016, 07:45:25 PM

I had hoped that if you considered this exercise in the frequency domain it may make more sense to you.

EVERY waveform that you can imagine can be disassembled into the group of sine waves of various amplitudes that can be summed together to produce those waveforms.  This is the basis of Fourier analysis.

Fortunately, we need only push a few buttons on a DSO or digital data acquisition system to produce the Fast Fourier Transforms (FFT's) that in years past required laborious math.  When you use the FFT display on your scope, it displays the frequency of the sine waves (and their amplitudes) contained in the waveform being analyzed.  I am not sure what your scope is capable of, but even a basic FFT function should prove interesting to you.

This is a hugely important concept as very often a complex waveform or simple square wave contains many more frequencies, typically higher frequencies, than the  trigger repetition rate displayed on your scope would have you believe.  A decent looking 1kHz square wave will contain harmonics out to 10-20kHz.  If it has very fast rise and fall times, those frequencies can extend into the 10's or 100's of MHz.  All the time the trigger on the scope will just say it is a 1kHz square wave.

Take the time to read thru all my recent posts again, hopefully they will all make a bit more sense to you.

Consider digging thru your scope's manual and play around with your FFT display.  Feed your FG to both scope channels and watch the waveform in time domain (normally) on one channel while watching an FFT (frequency domain) of that waveform on the other channel (assuming your scope can do that).  Play around with various waveforms and duty cycles.  If you take the time to do this, in time you will be able to look at a waveform displayed on a scope and make a pretty good guesstimate of its actual frequency content.

PW