Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

How do I test for resonance

Started by Tesluh, October 08, 2016, 03:15:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tesluh

some people say a resistor is needed to test to find resonance frequency with a scope, im not sure how accurate my tests are but its better than nothing.  you can try it how you have it, hook both alligator clips to one leg of a parallel tank circuit and the two probes to the other leg.

do you have an lcr meter to estimate the inductance of a coil?  that would give you a good point to start.   you want to get your scope on a timebase that will show a single trace, for instance 100khz is 10microseconds.  if you have the timebase much higher or lower you might not see the trace properly on the screen.

antimony

Quote from: Tesluh on December 05, 2016, 08:59:32 AM
some people say a resistor is needed to test to find resonance frequency with a scope, im not sure how accurate my tests are but its better than nothing.  you can try it how you have it, hook both alligator clips to one leg of a parallel tank circuit and the two probes to the other leg.

do you have an lcr meter to estimate the inductance of a coil?  that would give you a good point to start.   you want to get your scope on a timebase that will show a single trace, for instance 100khz is 10microseconds.  if you have the timebase much higher or lower you might not see the trace properly on the screen.

I'm posting from my phone, so i can't link you to the generator that i have, but it is called FG-100.
I guess I should buy a function generator probe so i use both channels of the oscilloscope, they aren't that expensive.

I have a LCR meter, but I am a newbie when it comes to the oscilloscope, but it is good advice.

I have used Gotolucs yt series about coil resonance, and I haven't been able to get going with anything becouse i don't have the right experience with electronics, but I would figure that i would be able to make use of what I got even if my equipment doesn't match Gotolucs.

Tesluh

try this next time you are experimenting.

probe on your fg100
probe on your scope (one channel, doesn't matter)
capacitor
coil

use your lcr meter to measure inductance of coil usually in uh (microhenries)
input inductance of coil and capacitance of capacitor into this calculator (this will give an estimate of the resonant frequency)
http://www.ham-radio.com/lc.html

put one each of capacitor ends and coil ends together (parallel) and then put your two probe ends on one side of the capacitor, and the two "neg" alligator clips on the other side.  set your fg100 to the frequency you got in the calculator and see what shows up on the scope. 

Tesluh

this video shows how to connect everything in parallel.  The green jumper is just an extension for his probe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_RCyDdt2rM