Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

New iOS Update vs OU.com JPG files

Started by web000x, April 25, 2017, 07:47:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sm0ky2

The Underservice site displays images in IOS browser
Something about how the images are pulled into the html
Needs to be updated for .mobile http services
Should be an instructional from the developers of the forum software

Stephan - if you are reading this, you have quite a few mobile platform users
               That cannot see images. Unless they log on with a pc.

I was fixing a shower-rod, slipped and hit my head on the sink. When i came to, that's when i had the idea for the "Flux Capacitor", Which makes Perpetual Motion possible.

web000x

Quote from: e2matrix on December 12, 2017, 10:23:40 AM

Well of course apple is going to say it's not their problem and point at someone else.   They have a big attitude.  OU.com doesn't have a web development problem - IOS has an incompatability with older standards - this forum software is simply a free open source software that unlike VBulletin and some other paid software that has a lot of paid employees working to keep up with every new change in Internet languages SMF forums relies on standards that have worked for years.   Apple chose to ignore an older standard and now you have a device which is locked to Apples strict proprietary standards that only works for newer Internet protocols and languages.  Take a look at http://www.underservice.org/  another SMF energy forum and see if you can see images there.  The third post on this page has an image:  http://underservice.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=b3b7dc569653bd22503c7193e0bc0670&topic=255.0
If you can see that than I will back track and say this forum needs to change something but I'm guessing most probably you won't see the image there either.
Also check this page as it has a different method of posting images in SMF and let me know if you can see the 3 images in the second post:
http://underservice.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=b3b7dc569653bd22503c7193e0bc0670&topic=3.0

This probably won't fix the problem but if you haven't tried Opera browser for IOS give that a try.

I CAN see the images at the site you've linked.  Overunity.com has issues.

Thanks,

Dave

web000x

Quote from: webby1 on December 12, 2017, 02:49:40 PM
https://forum.1webby1.com/

If you see pics on the above forum,, it is my play forum, then SMF is not the problem,, it is a site admin problem for OU,, they both use SMF but with my play site I do not push ads and stuff and have most things set as default,, including the auto sizing to thumbs of pics.

I can also see the images from the site you've posted.

sm0ky2

So there we have it:

Check resizing settings
And make sure there is a compatible resize
For mobile platform

Also, those same settings may fix the other image problems
Like Too Big, etc
I was fixing a shower-rod, slipped and hit my head on the sink. When i came to, that's when i had the idea for the "Flux Capacitor", Which makes Perpetual Motion possible.

e2matrix

I just checked on overunity.com with my android phone.  I can see all images in any message thread with no problems.   So it is not related to the mobile format but again it is something IOS is doing that is not compatible with a format here that works for both PC and Android.  I will assume it may be fixable by Stefan but he has a lot of addons in this site so it is possible it may not be fixable here.   I am sure Apple could fix it if they wanted to.   But they seem to always want to force their methods and changes on others.  They seem to always want to eliminate things - especially hardware - first the floppy drive (can't say that was a bad thing) then CD drives, less buttons on everything, no headphone jack on their phones - always eliminating things that worked fine and usually with profit in mind.  It would seem to me that if you could see images on an older IOS version then it is Apple that needs to fix this.   But you can certainly ask Stefan if there is anything he can do.