Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Poor Man´s Spectrum Analyzer

Started by antimony, February 08, 2018, 11:29:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

antimony

Hi, i am interested in getting a spectrum analyzer, and because they are so expensive i was searching around for a diy spectrum analyzer, and i found this pdf.

http://www.qsl.net/n9zia/spec/Poor_Mans_Spectrum_Analyzer.pdf

I am sure i will never do this myself, because even if i get it working, it will probably not be good enough to use in any meaningful way, but what i would like to ask is if there is maybe other ways of doing this that is easier, and better?

Also, can somebody speak on the quality of these usb spectrum analyzers that are sold on ebay for ~
$ 200? Are they worth buying?
I know that there are more then just one, but i just ask generally.

DavidWolff

Struth I just looked at it, it's huge I bet that wont be cheep. Don't Regal do a cheep version ?

Paul-R

Ebay have a good few computer driven black box spectral analysers/oscilloscopes, for around £80. It's a matter of quality.

AlienGrey

antimony

Thanks for the replies, and all that.

You have a point there when you said it is all about quality.
I want to buy/build something that is worth the money, because i have done so many bad deals in the past, and i dont want to spend even 10 dollars if i dont get something that i am pretty sure that i will be satisfied with.

I will check out the link right away, thanks AG