Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Efficient Boost Oscillator Led Lamp

Started by SkyWatcher123, December 14, 2018, 12:35:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyWatcher123

Hi all, I needed another lamp with low level light output and found this type of circuit.
I like it because it is fairly simple and doesn't need a bifilar coil, just a single strand coil.
It also gives good light output, even when only using 230 milliwatt input.
It is using a gutted 120 volt 6 watt led bulb that lights at around 50 volts on up.
The ferrite flyback c-core is salvaged from a crt TV and the gap in the c-core is set at the most efficient placement.
Let me know if you try this circuit.
peace love light :)
https://ibb.co/RQLSkTh

SkyWatcher123

Hi all, I have tested version 2.0 of this led lamp, this version is even more efficient than previous version.
At only 10 milliamps or 127 milliwatts input, the led light output is highly usable and the lamp fixture is even at ceiling height.
The coil is many layers of bifilar 24awg. magnet wire.
I think the good efficiency in this secondary coil style arrangement, is because the coil coupling is very strong, since each strand is right beside each other, plus the closed ferrite c-core.
Your thoughts welcome and let me know if you test this version 2.0.
peace love light
https://ibb.co/pf75Yhf

erfandl

Quote from: SkyWatcher123 on December 19, 2018, 02:30:26 AM
Hi all, I have tested version 2.0 of this led lamp, this version is even more efficient than previous version.
At only 10 milliamps or 127 milliwatts input, the led light output is highly usable and the lamp fixture is even at ceiling height.
The coil is many layers of bifilar 24awg. magnet wire.
I think the good efficiency in this secondary coil style arrangement, is because the coil coupling is very strong, since each strand is right beside each other, plus the closed ferrite c-core.
Your thoughts welcome and let me know if you test this version 2.0.
peace love light
https://ibb.co/pf75Yhf
Hi skywatcher. I want to test it but I don't know how many turns of wire. can you tell me how many turns wire on the coil ? also if you can please help me in this post: https://overunity.com/17846/self-powered-generator-inventor-from-south-africa/msg527668/#msg527668

nul-points

hi skywatcher

nice project - good progress with v2

i bet there's still a bit more energy chewing at the door, waiting to be let loose

if you haven't already tried this, how about checking out a full-wave diode bridge between the secondary and the buffer capacitor, instead of the single-diode half-bridge you have at the moment?

you could compare 2 types of FW bridge:-
- the 4 diode version (downside is '2 diodes in series' voltage loss)
- 2 diodes, centre-tapped secondary version (downside is double length secondary winding)
(if it's not too much hassle having to rewind the secondary, you might well improve the efficiency of the circuit by 10-20%)

its also worth just trying a different turns ratio (just changing the secondary windings +/-)  to see if you're anywhere near the optimal loading for the lamp output circuit

btw.  do you know if the output is due to the main switch-on pulse, or to the flyback action? (ie. is the secondary in-phase or anti-phase?)

whatever you decide, let us know how you get on

np
"To do is to be" ---  Descartes;
"To be is to do"  ---  Jean Paul Sarte;
"Do be do be do" ---  F. Sinatra

SkyWatcher123

Hi all, thanks for the replies.Hi erfandl, with this solid state oscillator coil, at least 8 layers, with packing tape between each layer, the coil is 1-1/2 inches in length on the ferrite c-core.

As far as the south african device, I'm taking a break from that until I get more inspiration to experiment again with it, though I did observe just about 1 to 1 charging, when swapping at the right settings, meaning free mechanical.

Hi nul-points, thanks for the positive words.

To clear up any confusion, it is a bifilar coil, 2 strands wound side by side at the same time.
So I'm using the other strand as secondary, so it has the same number of turns.I did try a full wave bridge off the secondary, made of 4 - 1n4007's in parallel per rectifier branch, it seems more efficient with the single diode.

I also tried with just the gutted led bulb, without the ultrafast diode and cap, slightly better with the diode and cap.

The led bulb lights when transistor turns off.

I have been trying to tune the oscillator, by altering the capacitor off the collector and the other resistor values, it definitely has some sweet spots I can see.
Also, smaller, higher speed transistors may give better efficiency also, will have to try that also.peace love light :)