Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Open Source Vs. Patenting

Started by FreeEnergy, December 17, 2006, 04:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Open Source Vs. Patenting

I choose Open Source
57 (63.3%)
I choose Patenting
11 (12.2%)
I choose neither
3 (3.3%)
I choose both
18 (20%)
I don't care
0 (0%)
I don't get it?
1 (1.1%)

Total Members Voted: 90

AB Hammer

@Thedane

You can have the same effect if you expose it from your patent pending status and have even more protection. And that will still give you royalties. ;)

Big business loves open sourcing for they can manufacture it and not give you a dime. Also don't depend on the Nobel prize, for when is the last time someone received the Nobel science prize that didn't have at least a masters degree. What about those of us who are high school bums? At least that is what they may think. The world of education seams to have double standards and large barriers to break through. Some highly educated don't take kindly being shown up by someone who has never been to collage.

PS you can't beat big business, but you can lean how to work with them. And you can still show it for the do it yourself builders. Most people will purchase not build so it can work for everyone. ;)
With out a dream, there can be no vision.

Alan

magnetmotorman

Excuse my too bad English.
You're forgetting something very important. There is LAW.
In countries like Spain or Argentina, the law specifies clearly that it does not protect inventors, but REGISTRANTS. So, there is no way to prevent patenting of our work. Industry "open sourcing" does not exist at all, to the law in almost countries. And if other guy patents your work, forget it (the owner under the law, may and will pursue anyone who tries to produce it). No matters who invented. This is the hard truth.

Greetings...
The key is simplicity.

ashtweth_nihilisti

>So, there is no way to prevent patenting of our work

GO and try and get a patent on LINUX. Go watch them laugh at you. The same is for the case of free energy  technology when released in the public domain.
This is LAW also

Ash
?If you create your own electricity, heating and water systems, you create your own politics. Maybe that?s what they?re afraid of.? ?? Michael Reynolds
http://www.panacea-bocaf.org
http://www.panaceauniversity.org

http://www.geocities.com/glorybangla/cqtes.htm

magnetmotorman

Quote from: ashtweth_nihilisti on November 04, 2008, 08:19:01 PM
>So, there is no way to prevent patenting of our work

GO and try and get a patent on LINUX. Go watch them laugh at you. The same is for the case of free energy  technology when released in the public domain.
This is LAW also

Ash
You can't do the same in countries like Spain or Argentine. In this last case, the law protects the inventor if has made public his work, for at least one year before. No more... In other words: you have maximum one year for start the process of registration; if you don't started, any other has right over that work, no matter who invented, but is just matter that it is an invention, that is all.

On the other hand, about GNU/Linux (my OS, talking about that...), there is a significant legal difference betwen industrial patents and software licenses (and other kinds of authoring). For the rest, again, the law protects registrants and not inventors, in the case of industrial inventions.

Greetings...
The key is simplicity.

magnetmotorman

P.S. of my previous message: I mean, you actually can do public your invention, but if passed one year you have not patented, other guy can do it, even if his process was initiated during that year. It means: in this case, the invention IS actually of public domain, AND patentable.

No industrial "open sourcing". At the moment...
The key is simplicity.