Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Cadman’s Hydrostatic Displacement Engine

Started by Cadman, June 15, 2019, 05:14:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cadman

Everyone please download the attached pdf before reading any further. Document © 2019 Cadman Weyland.

After you are satisfied that it is genuine please re-post it to all of your forums, if that hasn't already been done, and email it to all of your acquaintances who are interested in free energy. This is a design for a self running engine that does not require fossil fuel, electricity, or any fuel that must be purchased or created. Nor does it use exotic physics, technology, or materials.

I originally intended to release this all at once with the design drawings, specs, parts sources and part numbers as well as a set of .stl files for those with 3D printers (not required). However, I feel as if my hand is being forced so I am releasing what I have now so anyone with basic fabricating skills can build their own.

The operating principles for this engine were elucidated by Archemedies and Blaise Pascal centuries ago and used to be a standard part of the course for first year students of Natural Philosophy.

Please see the following for a little background information.

My uereka moment came here
http://physics.kenyon.edu/EarlyApparatus/Fluids/Hydrostatic_Paradox/Hydrostatic_Paradox.html
Those first two devices pretty much demonstrate it all.

Also see
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIbX4TSguTI&list=PLxA8_oP9TgCbUrQCISTT8IGviVjpO8vyp&index=13

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ma4kW3xVT0

Study the drawings and do the math. Whether you count the liquid being raised as weight or counter hydraulic pressure, the final result is a self running engine with significant power.

Cadman

Grumage

Dear Cadman.

I'd like to take the opportunity to thank you on behalf of this community for your presentation.

Here in the UK we can add an approximate extra 1.7 Lbs to the weight for an Imperial Gallon. ( 4.54 L/Kg )

Cheers Graham.

vince

I have one question regarding your idea. i understand the sequence of the upstroke(power stroke) but am having a little difficulty with the return downstroke, which relies on gravity. To function correctly both pistons and the connecting rod must have good seals with the cylinder walls and the rod gland. this means some type of o ring or u cup or even metal sealing rings, which in turn will impose considerabe drag or friction on the sliding parts. My question then, does gravity have enough pull to overcome the fiction of the sealing parts and weight of piston assembly and force needed to shift the bottom valve position? From my experience hydraulics and pneumatics require considerable spring force to return a piston to its starting point, on one way acting systems.
thanks!

Cadman

Quote from: Grumage on June 16, 2019, 08:49:30 AM
Dear Cadman.

I'd like to take the opportunity to thank you on behalf of this community for your presentation.

Here in the UK we can add an approximate extra 1.7 Lbs to the weight for an Imperial Gallon. ( 4.54 L/Kg )

Cheers Graham.

Thank you for your kind words Graham. Of course it doesn't matter which measurement system is used, it's all the same force in the end.

Quote from: vince on June 16, 2019, 04:51:32 PM
I have one question regarding your idea. i understand the sequence of the upstroke(power stroke) but am having a little difficulty with the return downstroke, which relies on gravity. To function correctly both pistons and the connecting rod must have good seals with the cylinder walls and the rod gland. this means some type of o ring or u cup or even metal sealing rings, which in turn will impose considerabe drag or friction on the sliding parts. My question then, does gravity have enough pull to overcome the fiction of the sealing parts and weight of piston assembly and force needed to shift the bottom valve position? From my experience hydraulics and pneumatics require considerable spring force to return a piston to its starting point, on one way acting systems.
thanks!

Hello Vince,
Thanks for your interest. O-rings or metal piston rings are not needed and should not be used for the very reason you say. Besides, metal rings and PVC pipe do not work well together. A 20 lb assembly has plenty force if you are careful with clearances and keep things a little loose. This engine does not have high rod travel speed or high fluid pressures.
I use cup piston seals 3D printed with petg and have also used a flat rubber gasket material cut just slightly larger than the bore. Both work well. The cup should just touch the wall all around at the top edge with little compression. I lube the piston, rod, and seals with a moly grease when assembling. You will be surprised how easy it slides. Speaking of lube, the fluid is 50/50 water anti-freeze and I'm thinking about adding some powdered teflon to the fluid. I think the very best seals would be a leather cup soaked in the fluid prior to assembly. The rod seals I use are plain old buna-N u-cups but I have also used cut rubber sheet.
The snap action slide valve I designed takes about 6 lbs of force to shift and I'm not satisfied with that design yet.
The hydraulics and pneumatics you are used to have small diameter plumbing relative to the piston bore don't they. You need large diameter plumbing with this engine to minimize flow restriction.

Regards
Cadman

Edit: piston seals are cup seals, not u-cup.

gyulasun

Hi Cadman,
Thanks for sharing your idea.  Would have an 'unusual' question: what piston speed could be roughly expected if one maintains the  sizes mentioned in the pdf file example (say  6" PVC cylinder)?
I know you wrote this machine does not have high rod travel speed and I also think the speed depends on the lubrication and the fluid too.  So just a rough speed estimation would do.

Thanks
Gyula