Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Cadman’s Hydrostatic Displacement Engine

Started by Cadman, June 15, 2019, 05:14:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tinman

Quote from: Cadman on June 23, 2019, 09:26:27 AM

Well, the math behind my idea doesn't lie.

To anyone who is negative about my idea please post your rebuttal and supply the math to back it up. Prove your contention with the math.

There, the gauntlet is thrown. :)

Cadman

Hi Cadman.

I have been following your work on another forum with much interest.

I looked at your PDF diagram's,and read your calculations.

I hate to be the bearer of bad new's,but i think you missed a vital bit of math.
You need to take a closer look at what is happening in the chamber under your displacement piston.

I have run some quick calculations,and posted them on the attached diagram of your engine.

Anyway,good luck,and keep up the good work.

Brad

citfta

Hi Brad,

I think you need to read his PDF.  The drawing in your post is missing a couple of things that are explained in the PDF.  And the drawing in the PDF is a little more clear for understanding the operation.  The main thing I think you missed is that when the piston gets to the top of it's stroke the valve supplying head pressure to the bottom of the piston is turned off.  And another valve is turned on to allow the water from below the piston to move to the top of the piston.  Cadman can and should of course correct anything if I got it wrong.

Take care,
Carroll

Cadman

Hello Brad,

Thank you for taking the time to offer your analysis. Please note that my posted calculations were for a slightly different but significant configuration than the one in the pdf.

If I understand your analysis correctly you are referring only to the displacer section of the engine.

I have previously taken account of the force below the displacer and discarded it, for these reasons. That is a static condition when the piston assembly is at rest. As soon as the assembly begins it's upward movement that upward force on the displacer disappears. I noted this in the pdf, that internal water column can not flow and becomes part of the piston weight. Just like sucking water up a straw and putting your finger over the end then lifting the straw up. Additionally, the in-flowing liquid beneath the displacer becomes a weight to be lifted.

On the down stroke when the piston's check valve opens there is nothing to sustain pressure against the bottom of the displacer piston. That check valve is functionally a bypass valve during the down stroke. I think Archimedes' Principle applies here. The object (displacer) will be buoyed up by a force equal to the weight of the water displaced. The piston assembly is not going to float on the liquid beneath it, it's too heavy.

Aside from all of that, I did not allow for piston buoyancy in the force calculations so that is an error. Thank you for making me realize that.

Resectfully,
Cadman

Floor

Thank you Cadman, etal.

respectfully
           floor

tinman

Quote from: citfta on June 24, 2019, 10:26:04 AM
Hi Brad,

I think you need to read his PDF.  The drawing in your post is missing a couple of things that are explained in the PDF.  And the drawing in the PDF is a little more clear for understanding the operation.  The main thing I think you missed is that when the piston gets to the top of it's stroke the valve supplying head pressure to the bottom of the piston is turned off.  And another valve is turned on to allow the water from below the piston to move to the top of the piston.  Cadman can and should of course correct anything if I got it wrong.

Take care,
Carroll

Hi Carroll and Cadman.

If i have read the PDF correctly,the water in the bottom of the upper piston displacement chamber has to rise 40" up through the displacement tube in the upper displacement piston during the down stroke-dose it not ?
The head pressure of a 40" column of water is roughly 1.5psi.
The area of the piston is 26.05 square inches.
26.05 x 1.5 = 39.075 pounds.
This is the downward force require to be placed on that piston in order to get the water to rise 40".

If i have read the PDF wrong,i do apologize,but i see no other way for the water rising that 40" to get to the top of the upper displacement piston,and then into the water reservoir.

See added picture.

Brad