Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Minimal Lenz Generator V2

Started by BorisKrabow, July 04, 2020, 03:13:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

norman6538

Considering Boris's MLG drawing 1. as a magnet and coil approach the near edge of a coil one current polarity make a sine wave up or down. Then at dead center that sine wave goes to 0. 2. as they leave dead center the current polarity is reversed as it leaves the other edge of the coil. The Lenz counter to motion force pushes against the approaching coil/magnet as they approach and that same counter to motion force wants to keep the coil and magnet together thus holding back on the coil and magnet leaving dead center. So lets say we have rigged the setup so the coil is open on approach and makes no current so the core and magnet are attracted to each other freely and then stuck at dead center. But at that point we close the coil so induction occurs and current flows and holds the coil and magnet back preventing it from leaving - Lenz counter to motion force. But we counter that with a magnet to attract the cored coil so that the Lenz counter to motion force is counter balanced

So what have we done? 1. we reduce the output by 50% with no current on approach but gained a little from the attraction. 2. We have reduced the Lenz counter to motion force with some counter balancing attraction.

Then what - then comes the measurement of this idea to see if  it has merit.
I leave that to others to show their measurements.
There is more to this because by introducing the magnet we now have a "sticky spot" that has to be overcome, subtracted, and compensated for.

Potential idea Boris but the "Devil is in the measurements".
I have used a pendulum with a one way switch to measure things like this on a small scale. ie. open the coil and count the swings and close the coil and count the swings - very clear and easy to measure this way.

Norman

BorisKrabow

Hi ! Parts area may vary.The gaps between the parts may also vary  (Watch the picture at the beginning of the topic carefully).
     By increasing the percentage of free energy, the power decreases or the weight of the generator increases.  But we are not building a plane, but a power station without coal .
      Iron is cheap and there are a lot of it in the world     ;D 

I propose to call this piece of metal Compensator .

Regards,
Boris   

citfta

I had some spare time today so I did a quick and crude test of Boris' idea.  I have included some pictures of my testing to help you understand what I have done.  The first picture is of the rotor I used for a baseline test.  I originally had 8 magnets on that rotor.  But with 8 magnets there was no gap in the signal from one magnet to the next so I could not determine when the magnet was approaching or leaving the coil.  Also you will note that for this idea to work all magnets must face the same way so that a rectifier could be used to only conduct current when the magnet was leaving the coil.  With hall effect or some other type of timing then of course the magnets could be mounted with alternating poles like a normal generator.

With the rotor without any washers I got the following results after allowing the test to run for a while to get everything warmed up and stabilized.  The rotor speed was 1560 according to my laser tach.  The output volts were 5.74 volts DC across a 393 ohm load rectifying only the part of the cycle with the magnet leaving the coil.  The input voltage to the scooter motor was 13.77 volts.  I realize this is not a very good test bed for this test but I just used what I had handy by modifying my test setup.

The second picture shows the rotor with some 1/4 inch washers installed next to the magnets.  There are 3 of them in each position stacked on top of one another in the holes I added to the rotor.

After allowing the test setup to run again for a while to let everything stabilize I got the following results.  The rpm according to the tach was now slightly higher at 1563 rpm.  The surprise was that the voltage had gone up by more than .2 of a volt from 5.74 to 5.98 across the same 393 ohm load.  My input voltage to the scooter motor was slightly lower at 13.75 volts.

The last picture is of the test setup running.  When the picture was taken things had not yet stabilized so the voltage readings on the meter does not agree with what I have posted.  You can see from the scope shot in the background that I was rectifying the last half of the cycle.  The input voltage and rpm changes are not really large enough to pay much attention to in my opinion.  But what is interesting to me is why did the output voltage go up so much?  I am puzzled by that.

Perhaps someone with more time and better building skills than mine would like to pursue this further because I am convinced adding the washers to the rotor DID cause the output voltage to go up.

Carroll

gyulasun

Quote from: citfta on July 08, 2020, 04:04:55 PM

But what is interesting to me is why did the output voltage go up so much?  I am puzzled by that. 

Perhaps someone with more time and better building skills than mine would like to pursue this further because I am convinced adding the  washers to the rotor DID cause the output voltage to go up. 

Hi Carroll,

Yes, adding the washers is the most likely explanation for the output voltage increase. This is because I think the washers increase the gen coil inductance a little whenever they pass in front of the coil.   If you happen to have an L meter, I think it would show an increase when you position a washer to face the coil.

Thanks for doing this test and sharing your result! 

Gyula

norman6538

Good work Carroll. But what we really need is watts in and watts out.
I'm like you. I think it can be tweaked into something important.

Norman