Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Pandemic - Can anyone design a satisfactorily safe and cheap Plastic-Face-Shield

Started by unsure, July 20, 2020, 12:49:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

unsure

Pandemic - Can anyone design a satisfactorily safe and cheap Plastic-Face-Shield !

PLASTIC-FACE-SHIELDS seem the ideal  ''all round'  solution to the pandemic,  reducing enough emission ( within some sort of reason ), while not affecting health like single-use Fabric-face-masks .

However,  it does seem that all the models of PLASTIC-FACE-SHIELDS available on the market are either a danger / hazard due to thinness of the plastic, or also a problem for damaging the wearers own clothing, due to the same reason ( thinness of the plastic ) .

NOTE - Also, another problem with single-use Fabric-face-masks, is that in males with facial hair stubble, the facial-hair-stubble tears strands of polyester like fabrics out of the mask, and it makes it's way into your mouth and nose,  and maybe into your lungs .

NOTE -  Months ago I quickly made a FACE-SHIELD out of an A4 sized sheet of plastic from a plastic bag, it was very clear / cellophane like quality plastic, I just added a head band . 
It was either very good, or adequate, however, I think in any heat it may get dirty inside due to the close proximity to the face, however, I don't know.

Can anyone design a satisfactorily safe and cheap Plastic-Face-Shield,  maybe by having  the machine bend / curve the edges back in onto the plastic-shield,   however,  maybe germs / grime would accumulate in that crevasse  !

NOTE - You could post your design / idea here, however, I myself can do nothing with it.

triffid

Paul-R

Quote from: unsure on July 20, 2020, 12:49:12 AM

Pandemic - Can anyone design a satisfactorily safe and cheap Plastic-Face-Shield !
Do you mean a face mask? (face shields are plastic now).

Remember the virus can live on plastics for up to 3 days. It can only survive on paper or cloth for a few hours. for masks, paper/te4xtile is a good material. Sterilise it by leaving it on a hook.