Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Place holder for Patrick Kelly Tribute / open source experiment

Started by ramset, July 28, 2020, 09:50:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sm0ky2

Quote from: onepower on August 11, 2020, 12:46:50 PM
NRamaswami
Magnets are peculiar things. It takes energy to produce a permanent magnet and yet many say it has no energy within it. This would seem to violate the conservation of energy because as they also say, energy cannot be created nor destroyed only transformed. So if we produced a permanent magnet by adding energy the energy must remain with the magnet and it's field which also implies the energy can be removed because energy is conserved. A magnetic energy storage device if you will.

Strange isn't it?, that some would claim to believe energy is always conserved in every form then in the next breath imply it wasn't in a permanent magnet. So, which is it?... is energy conserved or is it not?.

Regards

The british royal society determined long ago that energy is stored in the permanent magnet.
When magnetic tension is released, a portion of the original flux is released as electrical energy. And
This was mysticised by Ed Leedskalnin in his "perpetual motion holder".

Mostly a waste, besides the inadvertent losses, you destroy a perfectly good magnet.

I was fixing a shower-rod, slipped and hit my head on the sink. When i came to, that's when i had the idea for the "Flux Capacitor", Which makes Perpetual Motion possible.

onepower

smoky2
QuoteThe british royal society determined long ago that energy is stored in the permanent magnet.
When magnetic tension is released, a portion of the original flux is released as electrical energy. And
This was mysticised by Ed Leedskalnin in his "perpetual motion holder".

The great thing about the Conservation Of Energy is it answers many questions. I don't need anyone to tell me whether the input energy is stored in the permanent magnet or not, I know it is due to the COE. Likewise any time the field is diminished the stored energy must be released as a magnetic field change due to the COE. Nothing can be created or destroyed only transformed and all that is present remains present in some form.

I built and tested Ed Leedskalnin's perpetual motion holder and it's not like a permanent magnet. Once the coil is energized the cross piece will be held in place indefinitely. Then once the cross piece is removed the stored magnetic energy is released as a field change and produces a current in the coil. The input versus output energy is very similar thus the process is efficient. However it is not like a permanent magnet because once the magnetic field bond is broken there is basically no residual magnetism remaining in the apparatus.

Think about that, the input energy can be stored indefinitely in the PMH then nearly all of it released with basically no residual magnetism remaining. A battery cannot do that, a capacitor cannot nor an inductor and no other storage technologies come to mind. You see the Conservation Of Energy works both ways, we cannot gain anything but we cannot lose anything either.

Sure Ed Leedskalnin was a quack, almost every great inventor is however that doesn't mean he was wrong.

Regards