Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

A new Anti-Lenz motor concept

Started by broli, April 25, 2021, 11:21:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broli

Thought I would share a new idea that I was working on. The idea came about by trying to figure out how a magnet and coil would interact in such a way that they would aid the motion causing the EMF instead of resisting it. The drawings should explain the setup pretty well. But the key idea here is how the flux crosses the cores making the core on the other side have a field that is in the same direction as the magnet's. This little hack could lead to an interesting interaction between the magnet, core and coil. Sadly FEMM cannot simulate this setup as it's not possible to model it in 2d if someone has a 3d FEM simulator I would be very interested to see the results.

1. Shows the overall setup
2. Shows the flux path of the setup
3. Shows the natural state of the system if the coil is open i.e. the magnet wants to move away from the core
4. Shows what happens when the magnet is pushed towards the core with the coil shorted
5. Shows what happens when the magnets is pushed away from the core with the coil shorted

The hypothesis is that when the magnet is moving towards the shorted coil+core it will experience a resisting force that is smaller that if the coil was open and doing nothing. And when it's moved away from them it will experience a larger force pushing it away than if the coil was open. So with each cycle there is a kinetic energy gain opposed to no energy gain if the coil was open.

bistander

Why does motion of the magnet in the direction of the black V vector cause a change in flux through the coil?

broli

The closer the magnet gets to the the coil/core the smaller the flux path distance becomes and thus more flux through the coil/core. When it moves away the opposite happens.

Again this is just a hypothesis and must be confirmed. If anyone out there has Ansys Maxwell, would be great to see if this assumption is true.

bistander

Quote from: broli on April 26, 2021, 05:02:17 AM
The closer the magnet gets to the the coil/core the smaller the flux path distance becomes and thus more flux through the coil/core. When it moves away the opposite happens.

True, but that difference in an unsaturated ferromagnetic path length compared to the effective gap lengths represents, IMO, negligible mmf difference therefore, essentially, no appreciable change in flux for the magnetic circuit. Also, does not the coil and its core have to displace along with the magnet?

broli

Quote from: bistander on April 26, 2021, 08:33:45 AM
True, but that difference in an unsaturated ferromagnetic path length compared to the effective gap lengths represents, IMO, negligible mmf difference therefore, essentially, no appreciable change in flux for the magnetic circuit. Also, does not the coil and its core have to displace along with the magnet?

This can be controlled by air gaps, I also hinted at this in image #2 where there was another path behind the magnet.

Meanwhile I have been entertaining a different design variant which removed the need of the "diode" magnets or air gaps. And a 3d simulation might come soon too due to a little helper.