Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Homopolar generator with co-rotating magnet

Started by LeoFreeman, July 03, 2021, 07:11:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeoFreeman

I was hoping someone could possibly point out why this arrangement would not not generate a current to light the bulb?
The whole circuit is monolithic, with no brushes or articulating parts. The entire device would be rotating in free space.

The copper disk is gripped around the edge between the poles of numerous closely-spaced horseshoe magnets.
Their magnetic fields only cut across the copper disk in a narrow band close to the rim, where the velocity is greatest. Electrons in that band would be forced radially to the very edge of the disk and into the "spokes" that run from the rim to the wheel axle.
The spokes pass through the gaps between the ring magnets where the magnetic fields should be very weak, and thus not cause any back-resistance to the electrons trying to leave the disk.
The current would then flow out along the conducting sheath to the light-bulb, and return to the disk via the axle..

Cadman

You have ~72 individual magnets, each with their own magnetic field. The magnets and their fields rotate with the disk so there is no relative movement between the disk and magnetic fields, so no induction and no current.
The field would be stationary I think if there were a one piece magnetic torus with a single north and south pole at a slit for the disk. That would be an interesting experiment.

LeoFreeman

I thought that the "Faraday Paradox" dealt with exactly that case, where a current is generated even though the magnet turns with the disk? Sorry if I misinterpreted your remark.
BTW, you,re spot on with your magnet count!

Cadman

Your question now makes me think the torus field would also move with the torus.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the magnetic field is only stationary when the magnet is rotated on it's own NS axis.

Your idea has every magnet orbiting the disk axis and each magnet carries it's field along with it in the same orbit.

LeoFreeman

I'm not sure, but I thought that, topologically, all these horseshoe magnets just form one large ring magnet,
corresponding to a normal pair of large disk magnets, just with a big hole drilled down the middle.   

The middle section of the disk is not moving very fast, so that part doesn't need a strong field, but I could be mistaken.