Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Could Admin make exact 'duplicate' sites of this one, but for other topics ?

Started by ideas99889, November 04, 2021, 09:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ideas99889

Could Admin make exact 'duplicate' sites of this one, but for other topics ?  e.g. retrocomputing etc

Duplicate sites, exact duplicates of how this site functions and looks, but for other topics .

Obviosly I'm alluding to something like stackexchange, however,  that site is unusable for many people due to it's stringent rules and criteria,  which means that often very relevant and worthwhile questions are deleted.

Most people would agree, that this is the smoothest, simplest, and  quickest site they have used,  so that,  and the less stringent rules and criteria on posting questions would be an ideal alternative to something like stackexchange .

ideas99889

I can tell that neither admin, or site users, have any interest in this idea at all.

I was sure that this would of been 1/2 half of an idea, to turn this admin group into one of the main sites ( group of sites ) of the internet, get this admin group into the top 20 ( ? ) sites of the internet, or something like that.

The other 1/2 half of the idea would have been to place some old classic films and tv onto their video website to draw in more people to register, or whatever other ideas.

The difficult part of the idea would of course of been finding enough moderators for clone sites on other topics, and of course controlling them, and all the new content.

- Just recently, I found a website (  https://future4200.com/tag/diamonds   ,  although not all their diamond threads may be under their diamond label ) that features people spending most of their time making actual diamonds, or trying to,  so that, as a new topic for a clone site of this site, would of been an ideal topic,  but with methods described in non expert terminology,  so that people with no knowledge in that area could try.

ideas99889

I think a main reason, or, the other main reason, I posted this idea,  is that I was hoping to prompt someone or some company, to make an alternate internet-search-engine+results-provider,  and possibly also an alternate internet-based-email-service-provider.
    In the english speaking world, the only 'effective' search engine seems to be google .  Basically I was hoping someone could make a company like google,  but with much much fewer services,  a search-engine+results-provider and maybe email service ( and the other services mentioned in this thread ).

Looking at  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Search_engine  ,  it looks like there's no expectation that there will be an an alternative to google, not if you want effective search results etc.