Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Buoyancy calculations – making use of an exception to Archimedes' principle?

Started by Novus, April 29, 2023, 10:43:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarsier_79

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZ4Ri2l4W8w

This guy tried to use the same principle... No pressure on the sides. It didn't work.

The important thing about buoyancy, it is the result of water moving downward with gravity. If Mass moves downwards, it will move. If it can't, it won't. Mass can't move downwards throughout the entire cycle unless you are filling it back up at the top and releasing some from the bottom.

Identify when in your system mass moves downwards and when water mass moves upwards. Then you will know when it isn't going to move.

Novus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZ4Ri2l4W8w

@ Tarsier, nice find. Impressive build. The principle is indeed the same, however I guess it will not work because any 'gain' on one site will be cancelled by an equal 'loss' on the opposite site.

See below for the principle on how I understand buoyancy calculations works.

The question remains if the object in the example given in my earlier post will move up, down or remain stationary, preferably supported by calculations rather then general concepts on buoyancy, water displacement etc.

Willy

some observations...

panyuming design would function given that..

1. Seeping of the fluid into in between the fixed wall and the outer
surface of the pontoons can be prevented without creating to much friction.
2. The exception to Archimedes's is a valid exception.

A rubber like surface on the outside surfaces of the pontoons and upon the
inner face of the fixed wall might prevent the fluid's seepage.

The design referenced by Tarsier-79 in the video

@ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZ4Ri2l4W8w

is only, in part, the same principle as is the Novus's design.
The design referenced by Tarsier-79 in that video does not
incorporate the bottom or side case exception to Archemedes's principle,
in that the sides are missing from the floats, at all times during its operation.

i.e. during both the submersion and the rising.

Tarsier_79

Quote.... The principle is indeed the same, however I guess it will not work because any 'gain' on one site will be cancelled by an equal 'loss' on the opposite site.

See below for the principle on how I understand buoyancy calculations works.

The question remains if the object in the example given in my earlier post will move up, down or remain stationary, preferably supported by calculations rather then general concepts on buoyancy, water displacement etc.

In the video, his motor runs in the wrong direction. The larger surface area on the tubes should be rising, not falling. There used to be a video of this device test running in water.

Explain to me the "equal loss"? as it relates to your principle.

Your Buoyancy calculations match this I think:

Also, if we use your buoyancy calculations on the device in the video, won't it work?

QuoteThe design referenced by Tarsier-79 in that video does not
incorporate the bottom or side case exception to Archemedes's principle,
in that the sides are missing from the floats, at all times during its operation.

i.e. during both the submersion and the rising.

Does that actually make any difference?

Willy

Quote from: Tarsier_79 on April 30, 2023, 08:38:47 PM
Does that actually make any difference?

Do you mean...

1. is the Archimedes principle exception valid ?
   or
2. that, assuming the Archimedes principle exception is valid, "does that actually
make any difference ?"

Answer to # 1. I don't know if the Archimedes principle exception is valid or not.

It is an idea I myself pondered in the past, but didn't have enough balls to consider
that I might actually be correct / had not heard of it from any source / had not the means
to test the idea.
                            It makes sense to me.

Answer to # 2. Yes, it makes a difference,

In the Panyuming design @

https://overunity.com/19459/buoyancy-calculations-making-use-of-an-exception-to-archimedes-principle/msg577132/#msg577132

the aluminum pontoons touching the fixed wall, will be less buoyant than the
pontoons that have all sides exposed to the liquid.  The wheel will have an
imbalance in the forces causing pontoons to rise and therefore, the wheel will
have a tendency to rotate clockwise, if the Archimedes principle exception is valid.