Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Pulse Motors- Your building them wrong.

Started by tinman, August 30, 2023, 12:55:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nali2001

Hi Brad, is there a recommended magnet diameter? I have 20mm and 10mm laying around. Do you tend to keep the diameter of the core of the electromagnet the same diameter as the magnet? What core material do you use. Normal silicon steel lamination should be fine right? Thanks!

Thaelin

Nali:
    Brad did mention to keep magnet 90% of a soft iron core. I have 1/2" mags and will use a 9/16" soft bolt with the head cut off.
All:
     Have most of the info needed but still have not seen if and when the coil should be shut off for the best results. Still trying to see how the rotor escapes the magnet. Does the two north facing fields make a dead spot?
thay

tinman

Quoteauthor=Thaelin link=topic=19546.msg582185#msg582185 date=1694467679

[/quote]

Quotebut still have not seen if and when the coil should be shut off for the best results.

That was clearly shown and explained in this video, which is why it is important to carry out this test.
There is no way i can tell you when the coil should be turned on or shut off on each individual motor without seeing the torque curve for that motor.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwbP4b4tlFU

QuoteStill trying to see how the rotor escapes the magnet.

Also clearly explained in the video, where the attraction force was removed from the pull force test by zeroing out the scales, so as to account for the very same force required for the torque plate to leave the gate.

QuoteDoes the two north facing fields make a dead spot?

No, there is no 2 facing north fields when the torque plate is leaving the gate, as the coil was switched off long before that.

tinman

Quote from: Nali2001 on September 11, 2023, 07:46:28 AM
Hi Brad, is there a recommended magnet diameter? I have 20mm and 10mm laying around. Do you tend to keep the diameter of the core of the electromagnet the same diameter as the magnet? What core material do you use. Normal silicon steel lamination should be fine right? Thanks!

I would start with the 10mm magnets first.
The core of the electromagnets should be some 10-20% larger in diameter.

tinman

Quote from: Nali2001 on September 08, 2023, 01:34:37 PM
Hi Brad just wanted to run this by you first:

Turns out that it is a bit hard to find a steel rotor 20cm+
I do have a 30x40x 1cm thick plate I can machine to a 30cm circle, but it is aluminum. I can add some steel mass to the center to enhance the weight if needed. So is aluminum ok by you or do you have a theory that is needs to be steel?

Steel helps carry the magnetic fields, so as the torque plates do not become saturated.