Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Tons of gravity energy going to waste

Started by idnick, March 12, 2007, 10:49:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

idnick

Moab

Sounds just as good as any. Don't see why it wouldn't work.

ChileanOne

I don't follow freeenergynews so I missed the article. But good to know someone is thinkin.

Dave

Moab

Quote from: Gearhead on March 12, 2007, 12:47:28 PM

The energy from a system like this is not free.  Every vehicle compressing air must expend extra energy. 

Ok Dave.
Hows about linear turbines along the side of the road. Hook these to genorators. Use the wind produced by a passing auto to drive the turbile or a series of turbines constructed much like heatvents on the roof of a building. Or a squarl cage fan hooked mechanically in series. Maybe gather enough tork to power a 5000 watt genny to charge batterys. The wind is truley a byproduct and of no use at all. In this way it is a passive system and has no more drag than normal travel on any vehicle. And a windy day would be a bonus.  Hey this is fun!... Next idea please!    Moab.

gyulasun

Hi Folks,

I think alternative energy sources should be fully enviroment-friendly.
The ideas you introduce are interesting but the energy they would create are based on sources that not enviroment-friendly at all.

Somewhere I read an interesting approach to use wind energy: in a highly mountain area a natural cave was found to be oriented almost North-South direction and the ruling wind direction was from the North. An opening was made at the South side of a longer/more or less straight section of this cave and a generator was fixed in the South opening, wind could come in from the North entrance.  And the big draft turned the wheels of the generator almost all the time.  Unfortunately I cannot remember where this was built or if it still in operation.

Gyula

Moab

Thank-You Gyula.

Dave's idea uses weight and momentum to compress air. then to power turbins.

I think the point of the thread was to try and squeez that little bit of energy that that is being waisted by autos and trucks. As i said the wind idea causes the auto to do no more work than it would normaly do to move it down the road.(passive) and if we could capture it it wouldnt be free. it would be makeing use of somthing (Wind or weight) to do work that was otherwise waisted. Kind of a fun thing to ponder.

Moab

idnick

Moab 

Exactly.  You explained it better than I could. It's wasted energy that could be utilized because the weight is going to be there anyway.

I'm not disagreeing with Gyula but as you said, as long as the energy is there take advantage of it.  It is interesting tossing this around and I like the responses. I'm sure there's probably alot of things we haven't thought of yet.

Dave