Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

This look interresting, simple free energy device

Started by TheOne, March 12, 2007, 12:13:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vortexentity

I think the experiment was useful in that it gave us some insight into the strange behavior of caps in a strong magnetic field. The experiment was done to satisfy our curiosity concerning the phenomena. If you do some replications that have some interesting effects consider uploading a video if it to youtube as we did.

We did the obvious controls as well. All were identical caps with identical values. I got a deal of a bunch of .47f and 1f 5.5v supercaps. They are small and have a very large charge collection surface area and happen to be the right size to be covered up nicely by neo magnets.

First experiment the recently fully discharged cap with no magnetic field around was tested. Some charge like .3mv or less but did not bounce back further than that no matter if we waited a day or so in  testing. The second test was with 2 neos rated at N35 1/2" by 1/2". This experiment resulted in 3.4mv maximum and took several hours to bounce back up to that level.

The third and final one of that series was the one in the youtube video. We simply put the coils around it and taped over them to keep them from slipping off in testing. This one charges up to a max of about 5.8mv.

The tests included both repulsion and attraction orientations but did not include testing from the leads at 90 degrees from the magnets as has been done in some of your test replications.

We also thought we should next try a very small diode between them in series to see if we can get them to dump their energy to their neighbor creating a kind of ladder circuit to multiply the voltage to a useful level.

That is the next test most likely.

pg46

Hi-

Yup, strangely capacitors do charge up somewhat if they just sit around. Still, I think that is a pretty cool fact in itself and probably is "free energy" already on its own- no? after all we aren't doing anything to get the energy except to set a discharged capacitor on a bench and wait a while - no big deal right?
Now it seems and some of us agree(mramos for example) who have tried the experiment that there is a 5 fold increase in the voltage stored in a capacitor that has magnets attached to it. This is without even bothering to try with all of the fancy  coil business yet. Talk about an efficiency improvement - a mere 500% !  :o
I gave you all wrong information on the time line to charge these things by the way. Sorry about that! - after 5 hrs my capacitor with the magnets has charged to 0.05 volts. The untreated capacitor has charged to 0.015 volts so far during the same period. At this rate it will take some 15 hrs to reach the 0.15 volts I achieved before unless of course it peaks out somewhere along the line as I suspect it might. My cheapo multi meter is crap but still it effectively demonstrates the difference between the energy stored in the capacitors with or without magnets.
Now this is just tiny amounts of energy we managed to grab for free to be sure but it probably demonstrates an important energy source out there that has great potential. I mean give me a break, my capacitor is 1and1/2 inches long by 3/4 inch wide- I hardly expect it to power a car! It's kinda like expecting a 1200 ma 1.5 volt battery to run your refrigerator or something. Now if that battery was as big as a pickup truck and had say 10,000 amps you'd really have some serious power!
The energy formula for what is stored in capacitors if I remember right is E = 1/2CV2. Now with the rates of charge info that experimenters are already submitting in this thread then one could easily calculate the required capacitor setups for the energy needed for whatever purpose.  So then what would happen if we have many many little capacitors hooked in series (or in parallel) or even had one giant capacitor and magnets the size of a house?! ...oh my..!
Just wondering...   ::)

Happy experimenting all and Best Regards,

gyulasun

Hi Folks,

When I wrote my previous letter with mainly a negative opinion (message #17 in this thread), I made a mistake in my mind in believing the measured voltages displayed by the DVMs are of Volt order,  sorry for this.  By now I realized the shown voltages are of mV order which has made peace in my mind, in the video presentation the mV order of the display is clearly referred to.  (I goofed in believing of the voltage in the capacitor climbs up to around 5V, then after discharging it climbs up again to 3-4V.)

I found a possible explanation for this phenomena, see this text from the link: ( http://www.answers.com/topic/electrolytic-capacitor )

"Dielectric absorption (soakage)
In the construction of long-time-constant integrators, it is important that the capacitor will not retain a residual charge when shorted. This phenomenon of unwanted charge storage is called dielectric absorption or soakage, and it effectively creates a memory effect in the capacitor. This is a non-linear phenomenon, and is also important when building very low distortion filters. This is also why, for safety, high voltage capacitors are stored with their terminals short circuited."

This explanation is also of interest here from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Permittivity :

"...dielectric absorption refers to the inability of a capacitor that has been charged for a long time to completely discharge when briefly discharged. Although an ideal capacitor would remain at zero volts after being discharged, real capacitors will develop a small voltage, a phenomenon that is also called soakage or battery action. For some dielectrics, such as many polymer films, the resulting voltage may be less than 1-2% of the original voltage. However, it can be as much as 15 - 25% in the case of electrolytic capacitors or supercapacitors."

Further info on soakage is here:

http://www.national.com/rap/Application/0,1570,28,00.html and here:
http://www.elecdesign.com/Articles/Index.cfm?AD=1&ArticleID=6096

So I think the tests you all are making can be influenced by this phenomena and must be accounted for in evaluating your results.

Thanks and sorry again for my goofing.

Gyula

HopeForHumanity

Interesting; however, it doesn't explain why the attracting magnets version charges faster than the one without it. I think this could be a very interesting research exploration. ;D
Ron Paul is internet overunity: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXnBZd4nyWk

WE MUST STOP THIS! Free energy is being surpressed because of it!

ring_theory

Quote from: Moab on March 13, 2007, 07:22:04 PM
Whats all the exitement about? Caps have long been known to charg them selves. Ive pulled new caps out of the box and been zapped even when the cap has never been hooked to any power, Ever..Kinda neat but not a new discovery. If any thing your getting RF Bleed.

I tend to agree on this. And what happens when you try to extract the energy from the cap?? put A LOAD on it hook an inverter to it!

Ring