Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Jhula principle - increase speed by applying brakes.

Started by prajna, March 25, 2007, 12:19:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xnonix

Hartiberlin the air resistance is set  at 0.7 kg/ms in the wagon version.
Cheers.

prajna

Well, that blows my spring theory (ha, ha)... I just deleted the spring from the mini model and it still works!  This is back to the simple Jhula model I began with!

I really don't know why it works.  I have attached an image with the pendulum centre of mass tracked, which may help to shed some light on it.  I wouldn't put it past being an artifact of WM2D (despite its $3000 price tag it does have errors, particularly in handling polygons).  Accelerating to destruction is something that I really don't trust since the pin joint on the pendulum 'drifts' and I am pretty sure that indicates a WM2D error.  I guess building a physical model is the only way to test it but it takes a bit of tuning to get it to run well.

xnonix

hi all,
I have just discovered what is going on with this model. We all know this doesn't work in reality but we need to know why. Well the thing is called geometry. The problem is the L shaped piece. When you change it for another made by 2 rectangles joined then you get the correct result.
It STOPS faster than the original, coz you have more contact surface with air. Again bad news.

Cheers,
xnonix

xnonix

We have to study this model prajna made inside a big circle.

prajna

I didn't get positive results with that, xnonix (except when there was no air resistance load).  I designed it that way because I suspected the (polygon) angle bracket was causing the effect. Damn, I wish WM2D would sort their polygons.

I am still not convinced that the design will not work in reality; there is a possibility that a spring could bias the torque to one side.  Worth pursuing, I think.