Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Jhula principle - increase speed by applying brakes.

Started by prajna, March 25, 2007, 12:19:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hartiberlin

Hi prajna,
can you please post your latest WM2D file?
Many thanks.
Stefan Hartmann, Moderator of the overunity.com forum

prajna

Well, so much for the polygon idea.  I have a new version with no polygons and it still works!?

Stefan, to modify the weights or spring tension just double-click the object and it will bring up the properties dialogue, where you can modify these parameters.  I wouldn't call myself a WM2D expert :), others have a much better idea about it, I just experiment.

Sure this is like Mikovik, I developed it from that device.

If what we are seeing is real then I guess it works like this: When a pendulum swings it has maximum pull on its axle when it is at the mid point of its period and minimum pull when it is at the ends of its period.  With the Jhula setup the pendulum axle rotates and it seems possible, with careful adjustment of the period, to make it so that the mid point of the pendulum period is to one side of the counterweight axle.  Thus there is more pull (generating torque) on that side.  I am sure there is more to it than that, obviously the load (air resistance in this model) causes the pendulum to slow but it appears that as it does so the torque on the counterweight changes, giving the pendulum a slight boost.

I'll look at that other model and get back to you.

Which model did you want posted?  I didn't save them all but I'll post the latest.

hartiberlin

Hi All,
I played a bit more with WM2D and have replicated just the Milkovic
principle with the following setup.

It is quite easy.

As in my idea, that you can use shifted mass via a spring to
unbalance lever arms in a wheel and tap the gravity this way,
see:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php/topic,1213.0.html

Mr. Milkovic is just doing this via a pendulum.

So always one lever arm is heavier than the other and this accelerates the
lever (in my case the wheel) and this gives again a feedback to the pendulum, which
will be again accelerated also.

In this version here, the parameters are still not optimal.

You need a very harmonic relationship of weights, pendulum
frequency, pendulum length, pendulum mass and
lever arm mass relationship to really accelerate it very fast
and earn more energy from the gravity field.

It is now the quest to find these "harmonic" relationsships to
get the most out of the gravity field.

See it this way.
Gravity is a force like blowing wind.
If you put a lever arm ( see-saw) into
blowing wind, you can make it only rotate, if you shield one
lever arm and the other arm is exposed to the blowing wind.
Exactly the same we are doing here.
With the help of the pendulum, we make one lever arm heavier at the right moment
so it can react to gravity. We gain the energy of this heavier
lever arm by letting it accelerate and then the pendulum changes its
position and when the pendulum  had moved to the side ,
its "shields" gravity, by being at an angle to it, so gravity
is weaker then and the othwer lever arm gets heavier
and the unit thus can turn 360 degrees and the cycle can repeat itsself.

This must be done in a very harmonic way ,so the movement relationsships
fit to each other.

Okay, now have a look at the GIF pic and the AVI movie and the WM2D file.
Stefan Hartmann, Moderator of the overunity.com forum

Sataur

Looking good!

Pranja, is there a reason you removed the ratcheting system from the pendulum pin joint (I noticed it swinging both directions)? What happens if you add one in?

Also, have you tried adding a "load" to the device to see what happens? Is it possible to simulate a resistance on the pin-joint of the counterweight?

Cheers!

prajna

Sataure, Dingus dropped the ratchet on the pin joint. I don't think it helps and it is not necessary. I might try adding one but I doubt it will improve anything.

Adding a load is easy enough.  Dingus did it on one of the sims a while back.

Stefan, I am still not convinced this isn't just a bug in WM2D.  That said, it may be possible to design something based on this idea that may work as I described in a previous post.  If the pendulum is swinging on the way up and not on the way down (perhaps that energy is transfered to a pendulum on the opposite side) there may be a difference between the dead weight of the stopped pendulum and the swinging one.  Easy enough to test that in WM2D, I guess.

I tried getting the simple Jhula (the one you simmed) to run but I haven't succeded.  This is one of the things that suggests to me this is just a bug.