Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Need a little help

Started by d3adp00l, April 13, 2007, 02:50:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

d3adp00l

I am not great at circuits so if anyone could help that would be great.
for something I am working on need an automotive coil to fire on a test bench. I would prefer to use the 120v plug as source for the circuit.
I have : the coil
a multitap xfmr to step down 120v ac to 12v ac
I have a multitude of various rectifiers diodes caps etc.
Other than grabbing an electric motor and turning a distributor to fire the coil, can anyone workup a circuit diagram to fire it off of components instead, Main reason is noise and a nice 60 cycle spark would be nice too.
thanks for any help
History is full of people who out of fear,
Or ignorance, or lust for power have
destroyed knowledge of immeasurable
value which truly belongs to us all.

WE must not let it happen again.
-Carl Sagan

d3adp00l

All right I could use some help from some people who know more about electronic than I do, and thats proly everyone here. I have an automotive coil,(granted its a big one) that I want to spark without strapping a distributor to my bench and having to listen to it. Also I would like to stay away from relay (at least ice cubes) for the similar reason I doesn't want to listen to catter and have it wear out too fast. So in recap an entirely nonmechanical system to fire a coil. Mind you I don't know anything, so if you have a way to do it, I will prolly have some questions. I have a 555, heck I even made a neat little delay off timer, but what I am looking for would be more like a square wave oscillator, that can handle the load of a 60,000v coil. It has a pretty good draw. Keeping coil saturation and all that jaz in mind.
Thanks for any help

WE must not let it happen again.
-Carl Sagan

d3adp00l