Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Interesting videos: Simple free energy

Started by Omega_0, August 15, 2007, 11:42:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Omega_0

I have more respect for the fellow with a single idea who gets there than for the fellow with a thousand ideas who does nothing - Thomas Alva Edison

Dyamios

I don't think there's anything mysterious or out of the norm here. I think what he's created is a sort of capacitor-EMF receiver combo. It could possibly even be acting as some sort of point-contact diode, which comprise of dissimilar metals to act as a radio receiver, but seeing as how the metals usually have to be in contact in some way, I'm not sure about this.

Nevertheless, the energy gathered here is in the 50-200 mV range, which is very characteristic of background EMF absorption. The charge remains because he has formed a capacitor by separating the metals with paper.

He could have stumbled into something, but even if he did, the energy levels involved are not worth the effort.

tinu

It?s easy to test it but the setup values nothing.
I?ve stumbled upon it also, when testing the ?C-stack? presented in another thread here and found some parasitic voltages hampering my measurements.

Basically, what happens in the two videos is that the guy re-invented the ordinary chemical battery. (I?d also tell, judging by the tone in his voice, that he is not at all that na?ve and he knows exactly what he has ?stumbled upon?,  but a video looks nice, doesn?t it?) 

Believe it or not, paper -especially a thin one- is not such a good insulator as one would be tempted to believe. Paper contains small amounts of water and it absorbs waters from the air, in a continuous manner, maintaining equilibrium of its moisture content. (Many substances behave this way, i.e. salts, even NaCl). So, placing the paper between two metals, due to the water inside, a small electro-chemical potential develops.

The setup works even with the same metal on both sides but this is tricky (un-predictable results) and it is mainly due to various impurities on the metal surface (oxides, fat etc) and in the ?electrolyte?.

If you want to convince yourself, monitor the voltage for a while. Patience is needed (it will take 2-3 days) but hopefully you?ll find what I did:
1. For a given setup, voltage steadily drops in time due to the electrolyte in the paper being slowly consumed and contaminated with various chemical byproducts (the paper becomes slightly but nevertheless dirty);
2. Voltage depends undoubtedly on the moisture level in the air. For instance, take the setup in your kitchen and watch the voltage while making yourself a cup of tea/coffee (boiling some water). You?ll notice a prompt raise of the voltage. Alternatively, check the voltage when raining. It will be much higher (although in the range of hundreds of mV at max) when raining and much lower when the air is dry.
3. Voltage is roughly given by the electro potential series as listed in any book of chemistry. While the ideal voltage can not be measured with an ordinary voltmeter because the device does not (or simply can not) provide enough power to feed the voltmeter, by replacing one metal with a more reactive one you?ll find the new voltage being higher.

Hope this solves the ?mystery?.

Tinu

HopeForHumanity

He didn't tell the amps, but this is basicaly the same thing as the capacitors with magnets around them, looks like.
Ron Paul is internet overunity: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXnBZd4nyWk

WE MUST STOP THIS! Free energy is being surpressed because of it!

tinu

In addition to the above, I forgot to mention the followings, in case someone is interested in digging deeper:

4. voltage strongly depends on the pressure because by pressing the paper, by squeezing it, its water content become more accessible for the metal plates.

5. the whole setup acts also, in a limited but still clearly verifiable manner, as an accumulator (rechargeable battery). By charging it with a proper voltage of opposite polarity, the device will happily give more power back (higher voltage and current) for a short while of several minutes or so.

(And, referring to the above, the amps are like several micros or less, for the size of the plates given in the videos. Current also very strongly depends on the applied pressure and all the other factors)

Tinu