Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Drive 500 miles on a 5 minute charge, new form of electrical storage

Started by hansvonlieven, September 06, 2007, 11:59:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hartiberlin

Wow I read the patent ,
31 Farad at 3500 Volts can store 52 KWh of energy.

I pray nobody will short out this big capacitor...boom...

Okay, but maybe they can make it save enough ?

But it is not realistic to charge this up just in 5 to 6 minutes !

If you need to charge it up in 6 minutes, you
would need a contineous 520 KWatts power supply at full power !

Probably a little too big for your household
wiring !
So using up half a Megawatts of power 6 minutes long
would not be possible
for the most people where they live !
So these figures are highly overestimated  and unpractical !

Regards, Stefan.
Stefan Hartmann, Moderator of the overunity.com forum

hansvonlieven

True Stefan,

Let us assume that they are theoretical but impractical limits.

Even if perhaps 40% to 50% of that can be achieved with special stations purpose built, charging the device it would still be revolutionary. After all we go to petrol stations now to fill our tank up.

The biggest problem with energy is not the household consumption, it is a form of cleaner energy for the transport industry and for travel. That is where the bottleneck is. That is also where most of the pollution is.

Any system that can relieve the pressure here must be something worth considering.

Hans von Lieven
When all is said and done, more is said than done.     Groucho Marx

d3adp00l

Yes but we would have to wait for "them" to give us that technology, I am not waiting for them to maximize their profit by exhausting all known technologies before releasing new ones, The same thing goes for computer cpu rollout schedules, instead of giving us the fastest processors they give us a little better than the last one to squeeze ever dollar from us before moving on. The profit maximization theory now in place in the world, is a flawed system and only leads to selfishness. Sorry about the rant.
History is full of people who out of fear,
Or ignorance, or lust for power have
destroyed knowledge of immeasurable
value which truly belongs to us all.

WE must not let it happen again.
-Carl Sagan

hansvonlieven

G'day all,

There is nothing new in this d3, even in much earlier times merchants made sure all their old stock was sold before they gave you the fresh stuff. These days, at least in Australia, you can barely buy an apple or an orange that is less than 12 months old :-(

Why should technology be any different?

Pity, but only too true.

Hans von Lieven
When all is said and done, more is said than done.     Groucho Marx

jeffc

Quote from: d3adp00l on September 11, 2007, 01:10:04 AM
Yes but we would have to wait for "them" to give us that technology, I am not waiting for them to maximize their profit by exhausting all known technologies before releasing new ones, The same thing goes for computer cpu rollout schedules, instead of giving us the fastest processors they give us a little better than the last one to squeeze ever dollar from us before moving on. The profit maximization theory now in place in the world, is a flawed system and only leads to selfishness. Sorry about the rant.

I disagree with your characterization of the CPU industry.  Intel and AMD release serious increases in processor power every year.  And the reality is, most people don?t even begin to use the processing power they have.  And whats worse, most buy a fancy processor and then underpower it by not investing in enough memory (or slow memory).   You want a multitasking upgrade?  Put 2G or more of fast RAM on a fast motherboard with a very affordable Intel Core2 Duo.  And add a SATA drive for kicks. 

The computer hardware industry is very good at continuously delivering more for less.  Witness constantly falling CPU, hard drive, and memory prices.  Heck you can buy a quad core processor today for what a duo core cost a few months ago.   All that and most people are using Word and browsing the internet using IE.  Face it, most don?t even need the power they have. 

Could they make faster processors?  You bet, but who needs them?  Its just supply and demand.  Nice and efficient.

Regards,
jeffc