Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

PLEASE POST HERE ABOUT SOFTWARE FOR SIMULATIONS

Started by chiriuy, September 10, 2007, 10:55:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chiriuy

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your replies leading me to this sims, but i'm still unsure that this is what i'm looking for.

I've checked both programs you told me here to take a look at and both seem only to simulate circuitry, what I need is something more "mechanical". I.E "i found a piece of software called newton that seemed to be what i'm looking for but it is not free and i'm not planning to fork out any money until i'm sure its useful, it does have a trial but almost everything is disabled."

The thing is that since i'm not knowledgable in the subject i might have explained myself wrong, if you do get what i try to mean by looking to this software maybe you can tell me of a free or opensource alternative.

Many thanks

Thaelin

You may want to look at FEMM as well. It will help if you are a bit more detailed on what you wish to sim. Stephan here on the board uses it and may be of some help.

thaelin

z_p_e

Quote from: Thaelin on September 11, 2007, 07:20:00 AM
Hi there:
   Here in lies the problem with sims. For the record, I did a sim once and it gave me results that were misleading. The device worked very well and had a power factor rating making it worth the build. So I spent over $300 haveing it made. Guess you know the rest. Salvage was around $100. Be careful and make sure you go over the program many times.After its all and done, its still just a sim. Tuned LC's are a good example of what I mean. Happy simming.  ^_^

thaelin

This is a blanket generalized statement and should be qualified.

Sim engines and models have their quirks and limitations true, but for electronics, 99% of the time the sim will be accurate.

I do not want to get into a debate about sims as I've been through enough of that already here, but "problems" in my experience (running sims since 1991), are mainly with the inductor model.

Unfortunately, FE research involves a lot of work with coils, so therein lies the problem.

It comes down to experience and knowledge in working with the simulator, and in particular the inductor model. If one does not take into account, and adjust for the missing elements in the inductor model, one should never expect realistic simulation results.

The sim engine is a computer, so if you put in garbage, guess what comes out?