Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Power plant idea, NEED HELP WITH THIS!

Started by 2tiger, October 05, 2007, 07:38:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2tiger

Hi all
Well here is my half baked idea. My English is not very good, so I hope that you all will understand the principle of how it works.
The idea is a combination of other technologies, that were jet discussed here in this forum.

1.   Hydrogen production
2.   ordinary water turbine-generator
3.   combustion-engine with mechanical-heat-coupling OR hydrogen-oxygen fuelcell

Function:
Let us say we make hydrogen and oxygen via electrolysis in 100 meter depth or deeper. So we have to count with 100% electricity IN. As long as I know the producing of hydrogen via electrolysis has a COP of 0,8 in best case.
Now the hydrogen will raise through a pipe (the oxygen needs an own pipe) 100 meter to the top, because of its lightweight, and will be feed into a combustion engine. (). Through mechanical-heat-coupling this will us produce by a COP of 0,8 (too) heat and electricity (energy OUT).
I choose a combustion engine, because igniting the hydrogen will automatically suck the oxygen through the other pipe.
I don`t know if a hydrogen fuel cell will do the same.

Please keep now in mind, that we have a total loss from 40% from our 100% IN.

Now we take the exhaust from the engine, a.k.a. water, collect it in a tank and conduct it through a pipe 100 meter down to operate a water turbine with a generator to get electricity.

Remember 40% losses ??.  BUT we have 100% of the water ?upstairs?.
100% water upstairs means 100% energy stored in the water.

Actually I don?t know the losses from a water-turbine-generator combination. But I guess that it could be around 25% and 35%. So assume 60% energy OUT

The last step to close the circle will be to conduct the water to the electrolysis-tank.

In sum we will have 60% of energy from our engine (mechanical-heat-coupling) and
round about 60% from our turbine, total of 120%.

Well this is half baked idea. I will try to draw a picture of that.
Please correct me if I am wrong with my maths, or better do your own maths and post the results.
I will be waiting for feedback.

Have a nice weekend.

2Tiger

Pirate88179

This is an interesting concept.  I don't know a lot about electrolysis but I have heard that if you split water into hydrogen and oxygen and run it through an internal combustion motor, the water that results can't be used to split again.  I have no idea why this is.  Your idea of the water turbine is interesting and maybe I misunderstand that you don't intend to re-use the water after the turbine for fuel for the engine again.

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen

2tiger

Hi Pirate
Thanks for your reply.
No you understood it well. My intention was to reuse the water.
As long as I know, you can reuse the water if you burnt it in a closed enviroment. The only thing is, that it must be pure and clean water (destilled).

But I may be wrong. Perhaps someone here in the forum has better knowledge in this area.

kr
2Tiger

tinu

Hi 2Tiger,

Why would the hydrogen raise through the pipe by itself?
Tinu

2tiger

@tinu

Because of this: Source => Wikipedia

Hydrogen.....With an atomic mass of 1.00794 g/mol, hydrogen is the lightest element.

And if I am wrong, and it wouldn?t raise, we have a 4 stroke combustion engine.
One of the strokes sucks the combustion into the cylinder capacity. The energy therefore is allready
considered in the losses of a combustion engine.
So once started, the engine would help to lift(suck) the hydrogen out of the pipe.
The same will happen to the oxigen.

by
2Tiger