Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Selfrunning cold electricity circuit from Dr.Stiffler

Started by hartiberlin, October 11, 2007, 05:28:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrStiffler

Quote from: EMdevices on February 24, 2008, 11:22:58 AM
One word of advice,   watch out how much power you put out in the radio spectrum.   The FCC will come knocking on the door, maybe even the FAA if you're close to an airport, or if you're in another country then the US, your local authorities perhaps.

Better yet, if you have a Spectrum Analyzer, you can try a rough measurement of radiated power, like they do officially in EMI labs (3 meter radiated emissions tests etc..) to see if you have energy above the CISPR specifications for radiated emissions.

One last note,  when you drive with a single transistor a multi-mode capable resonator, like you're doing in this case,  the modes of resonance can change abruptly.   My mini-Tesla does the same , but it's way more stable since I'm driving it with the separate Colpitts oscillator (which has it's own frequency), but still, if I get my hand near the main resonator coil, I can "snap" the resonance from one mode to another, which is interesting.  Mode locking certainly happens quite easily even with the Colpitts arrangement.  These modes and the interactions they have with the circuitry is not to terribly hard to understand, but it can be mystifying at times. 

My goal is to create as stable a resonator as I can.  I'm contemplating a crystal oscillator to keep it on frequency.

EM
@Emdevices
Thanks for the heads up, they might take my Federal License away from me and strip me of my Ham ticket  >:(

If anyone is silently building Stiffler Oscillators with VLT's, you need some complex tools for probing them. Included are three pics of very complex probes that work great for finding hot spots and null nodes. High current White LED, 1N4148's on 1cc plunger.
All things are possible but some are impractical.

starcruiser

that is sure hi tech Ron!  ;)

As I always say KISS
Regards,

Carl

Loki67671

Quote from: RStiffler on February 24, 2008, 09:46:38 AM
@All & @ Loki

Loki, sometimes a person wonders why they take such care. In you case your followed you own knowledge sprinkled with a bit of input from me and build a real nice 'Thing', all in the hope of greater control and ease in measurement and not wanting to fight the stray artifacts that exist. What I mean is my information to you was based on all the smaller circuits (coil arrangements). Until I saw your VLT I wondered if it would work at all, so I built one, now many. In short you want to include the ability to move that inner coil and observe the Spectrum while doing it. There is a sweet spot where it goes 'WILD' as shown on some of my images. I know what you mean but haven't sustained it yet!

Second I am bothered by you low currents (like none), this indicates you are not at peak tuning yet. The only times I have seem no current is at lower voltages, and at the same time the supply voltage goes up (go figure  8). I'm beyond doubting the panel meters and will be measuring current via ground leg shunt. I will have accurate measurements shortly. I cannot believe this circuit draws no current! But also I was taught to do things like take a few turns off the tank coil so the oscillator adjustment peak drops off more in the center of the adjustment range of the tank resonance. Yes I want to explore more range of adjustment, just slowly LOL  ;D

I know you have not done it yet and will, but it is so insightful to also watch the spectrum while varying the supply voltage. Linear increase in V-supply is a standard test from the cookbook Sir! I use it regularly along with fast and slow rise transient to monitor for circuit instability. The SEC shows a very interesting changing spectrum based on V-IN from 0 VDC to 21.5 VDC in just the manual linear increase test, thats all I've done so far. At the shop I would have used a programmable supply. Like where you see the stair steps in the tuning, you will observe rather pronounced Power steps from one voltage to the next, (far from any linear curve) more like log.

And yes that pipe organ is not far off  ;D

Just thinking out loud, with a Near Field of 1/3 wavelength in diameter and power dropping inversely with distance, yet this thing near field don't drop, where to put all the stuff is an interesting problem. Oh I certainly agree with that one, I made a picture in the spectrum analyzer display with my coffee mug this morning.  ;D

@ Dr. Stiffler,
Added directly to quoted text above.

Jim
"When the water stinks, I break the dam, with Love I break it" .............Loki

"One must be completely immersed in the cold darkness to truly adore or loathe the light" .............Loki

Science, my lad, is made up of mistakes, but they are mistakes which it is useful to make, because they lead little by little to the truth." - Jules Verne

Loki67671

@All,
Made some measurements, applied some tweaks, starting to make a little more light. I completed the killer decoupling filter board today along with a change in the base coil and capacitance. I think I still need to make some observations and measurements to coax out the circuits max performance but I have seen very good improvement today. Specifically because I can now make accurate measurements, although I have not yet put together appropriate probes for looking at the waveforms, you can bet I'm gonna,,,  ;D I added a decoupling cap from the inductor / emitter ground node to V+ for good measure and at the Doc's advice. :  ::) I spose I'll light show it with LED's for folks but I think it's wasting valuable and fleeting labtime. Had some folks scratching heads today, har, along with me of course. I'm certainly trying to figure out what it's doing! Here's some old digital photo's of progress.

Best regards,

JIM
"When the water stinks, I break the dam, with Love I break it" .............Loki

"One must be completely immersed in the cold darkness to truly adore or loathe the light" .............Loki

Science, my lad, is made up of mistakes, but they are mistakes which it is useful to make, because they lead little by little to the truth." - Jules Verne

Loki67671

And todays light show was performed by, a real nice probe design by Doc Stiffler. Worked like a charm for performing the light show, but more importantly is the ability to explore the entire circuit for illumination of the LED. It is a fascinating search. More LED's to follow.  ;D ;D

Best regards,

JIM