Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

New Type of Gas-Electric Hybrid Car???

Started by crash_uni8, October 15, 2007, 04:03:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ResinRat2

Hi Hans,
I never really followed up on what happened to that area of research. (hybrids) I remember when I first heard that the big American car companies were putting out hybrids, the first picture that came to my mind was the lawnmower engine design. Then I saw they all had regular automotive engines and I just lost interest.

I agree though, you do need the battery bank to smooth out the running of the engine. With the advances in battery technology since the early 1980's I am sure (no doubt) that it is now feasible to design a hybrid that does use a small lawnmower type engine. Just leave it running until the battery bank is fully charged, then have it automatically stop. Not too difficult. That would be an answer to long distance for an electric car.

Looks like a good area for somebody who has the mechanical skills to tinker with it.

Wow, you really brought back my old college day memories. Good ones though. :)
Research is the only place in a company where you can continually have failures and still keep your job.

I knew immediately that was where I belonged.

sctv

Hi, Im new. This is a very interesting forum. I believe what you are talking about may be what this GM concept is trying to do.. http://www.clickondetroit.com/autoshow/10690055/detail.html

Pirate88179

I have been saying this for years.  This is exactly the way diesel locomotives work.  The engine drives a generator which actually powers the train.  Considering the way we all use motor vehicles, this makes much more sense.  The advent of regenerative braking only adds to the mix.  I had always envisioned a small motor, not unlike a motorhome generator motor, running at a constant, and efficient rpm and charging the batteries only when needed.  This would not be perfect but, I believe it would increase the range and efficiency of any electric car out there.  Now GM has come up with the same idea.  For most driving, the gas motor would not come on all that much and, you could either recharge it on the grid, or by pouring more gas into the little engine.  This technology has been around for years, I didn't invent it.  If it has worked for trains for this long, why are we so slow to adapt it to the motor vehicle?

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen

h20mojo

Hey Guys, A real Newby here!

Came across this thread and the subject reminded me of an article from Mother Earth News way back in July/August 1979

the web page is http://www.motherearthnews.com/Alternative-Energy/1979-07-01/An-Amazing-75-MPG-Hybrid-Electic-Car.aspx

Hope this helps out

if you generate hydrogen from from water and run this generator with hydrogen you wont need gas.....what a gas

TTFN
TTFN

kallstrom_74

wow that would REALLy be interesting if anything like this could be done
think if i could rip out my 2,5 liter volvo engine and have a eletric enginge instead *dreaming*..the wheigt of the engine is gone and perhaps have a batterypack on the same weight perhaps

hmm..a "kit" with parts to use to use would be sold all over the world